Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a compatibility issue with Sync 3 and the iPhone X?

I have a 2016 MKc, purchased in November 2015. All of my iPhones have worked fine when connected by USB. Bought the iPhone X in November 2017 and had had trouble ever since. Plug the phone in, shows connection and charges, but will not play music through USB at all. Updated sync firmware in January, no fix. New USB module installed today, still no fix.

Drove for the past two days in a new MKz loaner, everything worked great. When I picked up my MKc this afternoon, Service Advisor claims that the iPhone X and 2016 are incompatible. I don't believe this. He plugged in his iPhone 5 (with the latest IOS 11.2.6) and it worked fine. I also have an iPhone 7 that doesn't work either.

Please tell me there's someone with a 2016 MKc with an iPhone X that works properly. I just spent an hour on the phone with a Lincoln Concierge, still no luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2016 mkc with the updated USB module and running the latest version of sync.

My iphone X has worked fine since it was released both with carplay and with the normal sync interface. My iphone 7+ also worked fine as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My iPhone X works just find in my 2017

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 mkc with the updated USB module and running the latest version of sync.

My iphone X has worked fine since it was released both with carplay and with the normal sync interface. My iphone 7+ also worked fine as well.
For the 2016 MKC's do i purchase the USB module # HC3Z19A387B in order to use Carplay with Sync 3?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts