Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Bought used 2 years ago and would like to update from Lincoln MyTouch to SYNC3 for apple carplay. Bought used unit out of 2017 Escape APIM and screen. Now to figure out how to acess existing APIM/screen.

Will this work or am I wasting my time? Thanks for your assistance.

Yes it is very easy to do, you will need a new gps antenna, sync 3 USB block and jumper wire to connect, and someone to program the unit either with forscan or ford service

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is very easy to do, you will need a new gps antenna, sync 3 USB block and jumper wire to connect, and someone to program the unit either with forscan or ford service
Thanks. How do I access existing APIM?

It is kind of a pain first you have to remove the upper speaker grill, trim panel between the front storage compartment that curves up to the back of the radio, and then the little trim above that that the abient lighting is in. From that it is just four seven millimeters two behind that trim with the lights in it and two under the speaker grille.

Registered
Were you able to remove the dash? I cant seem to get the area where the ambient lightning trim is present.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts