Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Issues encoutered on MKC-Reserve 2019

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  kksam56 
#1 ·
Just thought to share following issue what I am facing within 2 wks. old MKC-Reserve ( 365Kms on it) and Lincoln Concierge has get involved to make the dealer, to attempt to fix. still working on appointments

1)Both Fobs NOT able remote start, after 1 week

2)Since the being of the car given to owner there is No GREEN light on FOB/s to indicate that car has started remotely (when Customer inside the house & not near the car)

3) when we Get inside the car, in the mornings the car Info panel indicate RED battery sign, and goes off when car gets started

4)Sometimes Engine light too comes in the morning and stays for a while till the car goes in 50 Mile speed zone

ANY suggestions or has anyone experienced these issues from MKC- Reserve?
Thanking you in advance

#2 ·
A few questions:
1. Have you studied the relevant sections of the owners manual?
2. Is remote start enabled in the information display?
3. How far away from the vehicle do you keep your keys? If they are too close, approach lighting can switch on and off, draining the battery and disabling the remote start.

#3 ·
Thank you for the questions.
1) Yes, did study relevant sections on Owners manual and Lincoln Concierge too tried to trouble shoot with me by being in the phone.
2)Yes, I guess its enabled and it was working first week ( and I have not changed any since bought) - though no Green lights on Fob even when the Sales Person was doing when I bought the car. Learned about the Green Light display to be on Remote/Fob through Lincoln concierge & Manual. Fob display only red light from the beginning till now, whether I use the fob to remote, start or lock or unlock, haven't seen a green light as in Manual description.
3)Keys are normally 20 to 25ft away from the car. Not sure is that not far enough
Lincoln has made an appointment with the dealer to check the vehicle.

Does any of you have seen GREEN light on your Key/Fob of MKC- Reserve when you remote start?

#4 ·
kksam56:

I do get the green light when the remote start is successful, and a red light when it is not.

I would suggest that 20 feet separation from the vehicle may be marginal - this could permit approach lighting to switch on and off depending on reception.

Reactions: kksam56
#5 ·
great! I see your valid point. thank you very much for the advice, But I never got green light from the first day, that means the dealer has deceived saying that as the red battery light goes gets charged, everything should be ok!, seems both Car battery & the fob batteries are too old to get recharged. I guess.
Regarding distance, I just check its more than 30-40ft. (25 ft was an estimate)
thanks again, I will update what happens once the dealer fixes as well.

#6 ·
kksam56:

Might be bad fob batteries... but both? I am still on my original fob batteries after 27 months. My separation distance is normally about 30 feet.

Something I just though of... when the vehicle is delivered to the dealer the remotes are not activated. I know because I happened by my dealership (3 km from my home) within a few hours of my MKC being dropped off. My salesman opened it up for me to look at but had to use the mechanical key. There is probably an activation process the dealership has to go through that may not have been completed correctly.

Reactions: kksam56
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.