Lincoln MKC Forum banner

It Was Time For A Change

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Reserve-ist 
#1 ·
In my 52 years of driving I never even considered buying a Lincoln, until now. I didn't see the need for a "luxury" vehicle with their increased probability of reliability issues...a.k.a.more to go wrong, but it was time to trade my bare bones 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.

I wanted to downsize to a smaller suv and looked at the offerings from GM and FCA but nothing caught my interest so I directed my attention to Ford and the only vehicle that I could see myself in was the Lincoln MKC. I was hoping for a low optioned Select but anything that was immediately available were optioned Reserves at close to the same price point.
Anyway, I went to look at this black on black 2019 Reserve demo at a dealership having no intention of buying that day, but as luck would have it I was offered a deal I thought was more than fair so I went ahead with the purchase. It's only been two weeks and thus far I am very happy with this vehicle even though it has many options that I wouldn't miss if they were not there. What drew me in was its' attractive appearance, overall size and very comfortable leather seats as well as the available winter tires on Lincoln rims.

I hope this Lincoln Reserve gives me the trouble free miles my Grand Cherokee did, and if it does, I will be a happy camper and it is joining my 2004 Jeep TJ and 2006 MX-5 Miata.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. I have only minimal complaints with my 2017. The biggest issue with me is wear parts wearing out quickly. I put tires on with 23000 miles, and just put rear brake pads with just under 40000 miles. Maybe it is my driving!! I agree those narrow seats should not be comfortable, but I am very happy with them.

#3 ·
Thanks for the welcome 'copbait', I'm just taking a quick break from finish waxing the front grill and bumper, some tight spots there for sure. I'm not a big person so the front seats are fine for me and much more comfortable than the cloth seats that were in the Jeep Grand Cherokee I had.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.