Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Karat Gold has to be one of the most ghastly colors available EVER. I saw an escape running around in Karat and all I have to say is YUCK.

Please refrain from ordering a Karat Gold MKC as your membership will be promptly revoked with a lifetime ban to follow. C'mon the economy is ugly enough, now you want to anger the "if I can't have nice things no one should" crowd by driving a gold lincoln? Stay outta Frisco ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got a good look at a KG MKC tester on I-94 several weeks ago ... It does NOT look better in person. Gold is the new black in China, so I expect it to do well there. No doubt the color's popularity in China was behind the decision to launch the MKX Concept in that color.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I completely agree with you.

I think that this gold color look really old. I associate with old Buicks and Lincoln. I automatically think the person driving has to be more than 60 years old. If you combine it with a beige interior, it just screams old folks home.

In case I wasn't clear enough, this color looks really OLD.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Not a fan of gold either, it makes me feel sick looking at it LOL. SO many better looking color options available.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I wonder what the take rate is on the gold. Maybe we are out of touch with what the masses prefer. I bet there are colors that the MKC comes in that are less popular than the karat gold.

·
Registered
160 Posts
saw one today
have to say I liked it, rich, not too yellow, bright but not garish, Goes great with the sands interior. Now in the top two color choices, want to see Midnight Sapphire and Tahitian Pearl.

Reactions: goepfrich

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
saw one today
have to say I liked it, rich, not too yellow, bright but not garish, Goes great with the sands interior. Now in the top two color choices, want to see Midnight Sapphire and Tahitian Pearl.
Tahitian is the one I'm really into. I've seen the Karat Gold on a few Escapes now and thought it downright garish. Perhaps its a different shade on the MKC?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like it.. guess im old :(
Everyone has their thing. I'm not personally a fan, but some generations may like it. Goldish colors were in for a long time. Think of brass on the interior of homes etc as well which is now considered out of style, but people who grew up with it may still love it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I consider this a fault of Ford to offer your "luxury" brand the same colors that are offered on the Escape. Lincoln should only offer Lincoln available colors exception being Black, and white.

Reactions: goepfrich
1 - 11 of 11 Posts