Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a nice feature on the lincoln to give a warning on the dash that the key fob battery is low. It's also interesting that the last time i changed the 2 batteries in each fob was about 18 months. 2 batteries= 18 months. The last vehicle i had for 5.5 years without ever replacing a battery.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just got the low battery message today. Anyone know how long I have before the key fob dies?
P. S. Got the car 06/2016. So it’ll be 4.5 years for me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just got the low battery message today. Anyone know how long I have before the key fob dies?
P. S. Got the car 06/2016. So it’ll be 4.5 years for me.
4.5 years? You got your money's worth. I change fob batteries every two years.
I don't knowhow long you have but if the battery gets real low. place it next to the push button starter to start up. At least that's how you do it with Lexus.

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
place it next to the push button starter to start up. At least that's how you do it with Lexus.
that makes more sense to place it next to the start button unfortunately with Lincoln there's a little tray inside the center console you have to put it in if it gets too dead

Reactions: jcbon

·
Registered
48 Posts
that makes more sense to place it next to the start button unfortunately with Lincoln there's a little tray inside the center console you have to put it in if it gets too dead
Thanks for that info.

Reactions: copbait

·
Registered
140 Posts
4.5 years? You got your money's worth. I change fob batteries every two years.
I don't knowhow long you have but if the battery gets real low. place it next to the push button starter to start up. At least that's how you do it with Lexus.
That's with almost daily use (until 2020 anyways ;) ) with remote start! Yah I am aware of the little hole at the bottom of the center console, but I will look at the battery replacement online. What CR20XX is it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks like an odd to me sized 2450 battery.

I just saw you have a '17. It may be a different battery.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 2016 MKC key fob needs 2- CR2025 3volt lithium batteries for each remote. There is a thin paper or plastic that goes between both batteries. I found fob comes apart easily but requires a bit of force to snap back in place.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yup just popped open mine and it’s a 2450. Thanks y’all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts