Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I purchased my MKC last weekend, and am loving it so far. It was slightly used, so am trying to find out how I can reprogram the keyless entry so I can use it. I’ve googled some things from other sites, but thought it would be better to get it from the horses mouth. Anyone?
Vicki

·
Registered
733 Posts
There’s no programming involved. You just need it in your possession and grab the door handle to enter.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You are going to need the factory set (i.e., permanent) code for your car to reprogram a new code.
Probably a dealer can get it based on your VIN

·
Registered
149 Posts
Vicki:

Did you get the owner's wallet card, perhaps stored with the owner's manual. It should have the factory-set code on it.

Also, the owner's manual (at least for 2017) has instructions on how to display the code on the information display using two intelligent access keys which you should have.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Vicki:

Did you get the owner's wallet card, perhaps stored with the owner's manual. It should have the factory-set code on it.

Also, the owner's manual (at least for 2017) has instructions on how to display the code on the information display using two intelligent access keys which you should have.
That factory code on the card is the combination for the B pillar keypad that allows entry without a key fob. I thought there is a place in the console to reprogram the key fobs. It may be in the owners manual.

·
Registered
162 Posts
no help here but....
sometimes you'll find the instructions on the internet (youtube is a common place) on how to program an extra key fob but you usually need to have two functioning keys in your hand. I would use the key words for a google search: ford lincoln program key fob

·
Registered
149 Posts
isn't the question about keyless entry, i.e. the keypad on the B pillar?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts