Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Keyless entry on my MKC

6K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Jonzim 
#1 ·
Hello! I purchased my MKC last weekend, and am loving it so far. It was slightly used, so am trying to find out how I can reprogram the keyless entry so I can use it. I’ve googled some things from other sites, but thought it would be better to get it from the horses mouth. Anyone?
Vicki

#2 ·
There’s no programming involved. You just need it in your possession and grab the door handle to enter.

#4 ·
Vicki:

Did you get the owner's wallet card, perhaps stored with the owner's manual. It should have the factory-set code on it.

Also, the owner's manual (at least for 2017) has instructions on how to display the code on the information display using two intelligent access keys which you should have.

#5 ·
That factory code on the card is the combination for the B pillar keypad that allows entry without a key fob. I thought there is a place in the console to reprogram the key fobs. It may be in the owners manual.

#6 ·
no help here but....
sometimes you'll find the instructions on the internet (youtube is a common place) on how to program an extra key fob but you usually need to have two functioning keys in your hand. I would use the key words for a google search: ford lincoln program key fob

#9 ·
Nobody seems to be understanding! I just stumbled upon this issue myself. The problem isn’t how to reprogram the B pillar keyless entry pad, but rather how can you retrieve the code if you’ve lost the original card. You all are meatball muppet heads. If you’re really this stupid, then don’t respond. If you know that a scanner computer/diognostic tool can identify the code, then please respond. If not, sit on you hands and don’t type anything.

#10 · (Edited)
There are some instructions in the owners manual where you can place your key fob into a slot in your center console. Then by following the instructions the current code will be displayed on the dash near the Speedometer.
Pages 71, 72, 1nd 73 in the manual.