1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
87 Posts
^^ did you see the last shark tank? it had 2 guys who are pitching drones. these drones were pretty cool n will blow all the current drones out of the air. they got all 5 sharks to invest, amazing!! the one i like was the "phone-drone". basically, your phone becomes the heart of the drone. that was really inventive.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOOOOOVE drones, not the ones that happen with a bad exhaust lol, but flying drones. Got a really nice drone this Christmas from the Missus (she's so thoughtful, smile!) and 2 extra batteries...flight time is 25 min/battery, ceiling is an astounding 500 meters ( 1500 ft) and it has auto home return.
It's the DJI Phantom3 Professional ready to Fly Quadcopter with integrated 4k camera, Vision Positioning System.
Messed with it on Christmas day, and some of the footage we got of our property and then a flight I did right over the lake is astounding! I initially flew it at an attitude of 350 ft over the lake, and that was quite nice, but the second flight I did was LOW over the water....at 20 ft with full forward speed; at 5 min into the flight I started to elevate to a ceiling of 500 ft and pulled in footage of the forest at the opposite end of the lake....results are just spectacular, all in HD..They really are a lot of fun.
mmoretti, you mean Santa did not get him one this year? (smile) hehehe, well maybe if he behaves he gets one next Christmas, or his birthday, whichever comes first!
It REALLY is a walk in the park learning to fly these things, it actually takes off on it's own programme so you don't mess up, you can plot the flight path OR fly it manually....you really must try quite hard to mess up!
My wife, just like me never tried to fly one of these things....and 5 min into her first flight, she had it pat down!
Some demo footage for your entertainment:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezdesOYgX74

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts