Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the day to give my wife's new ride a good once-over or really a nice new car prep. This time I decided to move to using Gyeon's Syncro Ceramic Coating Package which consists of 2 layers of Gyeon Mohs ceramic coating followed by a 3rd layer of their very super hydrophobic Ceramic coating on top to install one of the slickest finishes I've seen to date. This far exceeds what I've used in the past and even puts CarPro's new Gliss product to shame. I think I found my new favorite product mix here.

Here's what my afternoon consisted of:

• Rinseless Wash with W.G. Uber - my favorite and stand by product
  • Wheels cleaned with Griot's Garage Wheel cleaner
  • Quick hit on a test panel with Iron X revealed ZERO fallout so I passed on doing the rest of it
  • the car didn't even need it but I gave it quick once over with my Fine Grade Nano Sponge
  • Polishing wise, it just needed a quick but solid polish with M205 and a green Hexlogic Pad mounted to my Flex 3401. Simple and effective.
  • Wiped down everything from glass to wheels to paint with CarPro Eraser
  • Tires were dressed with Aero Cosmetics Rubber Care. It's a new to me product that I read about and so far like.
  • Trim on the rockers and around the entire car was treated with WETS.
  • Wheels themselves and exhaust tips were Ceramic Coated with 22ple Wheel and Metal Coating. Not cheap by any means but it's excellent stuff.
  • Windows Ceramic Coated with McKee's Glass Coating. Gave them all 2 coats the other day and another single coat today. The pano roof however got a the full Gyeon treatment including Skin.
  • Paint wise, as noted, Gyeon Syncro.
Preliminary pics since I started very late in the day just after lunch and didn't finish until it was dark already. More pics Sunday when the sun is out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
WOW!. Looks awesome! I need something for the grey plastic on mine as it is full of white swirl marks. What exactly is WETS, and where did you find it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW!. Looks awesome! I need something for the grey plastic on mine as it is full of white swirl marks. What exactly is WETS, and where did you find it!

Moved over to Gyeon's Q2 TRIM Coating. Excellent product and now I won't have to mess with it any more.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh No.... Me next :smile:wink
I live right around the corner. :D
I should do all this to my Nissan Altima. It is over do for a complete detail.

Just let me know when you're ready.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts