Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, earlier today I got new tires and an alignment on my 2017 MKC. Afterwards my lane assist system has not been working anymore. Does anyone have an idea how to fix it? The little car with the lines on my gauge cluster does not appear anymore either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah nothing happens when I click it. I never get the notification that says lane assist unavailable either. Adaptive cruise control and pre collision assist are still fully functional afaik.

·
Administrator
732 Posts
I can't say I have heard this before, but I know you are supposed to recalibrate the IPMA (camera used for lane assist) after an alignment. I have never recalibrated mine except for once when I changed the windshield. It could be something more simple or complex but that would be the first thing I would have done!

Reactions: Jonzim

·
Administrator
732 Posts
Yeah I figured it has to do something with that cam on the windshield. How did you recalibrate the camera?
You will have to have factory scan software or Forscan. I don't remember the exact sequence, but I think you have to turn on IMPA calibration and then drive so long on a well-marked road without sun glare, but it has been a couple years since I did it last.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You will have to have factory scan software or Forscan. I don't remember the exact sequence, but I think you have to turn on IMPA calibration and then drive so long on a well-marked road without sun glare, but it has been a couple years since I did it last.
Yeah I did some searching on youtube and it seems pretty simple! Guess i’ll order the obd harness now. It’s only $60 where I imagine a dealership is gonna charge me $200 at least

·
Administrator
732 Posts
It is well worth it, If you have any tech skills. I'd recommend getting a quality one but at 60 bucks, I'm guessing you're looking at a quality one. I personally prefer obdlink brand

Reactions: DRM
1 - 8 of 8 Posts