Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. My 2017 MKC Select lease ends Feb 28, 2021. took a low mile 39 mos lease to get payment to $399.
It only has 9600 miles and like it a lot. The buy price is $24,200.
If you were me Would you buy it or turn it in? would love to negotiate price but don’t know if they’ll budge w low miles. Any advice is so appreciated.I leased and bought my old Jeep at lease end and ran it for 10 years before this MKC. Hate to carry a car payment but the car has had no issues. Thanks so much!! Be safe!

·
Super Moderator
377 Posts
If it were me I would buy it out. If you had put the normal mileage on it it would be different but where can you get a car with under 10k miles that you know you like for 24k. Only major problem with the mkc is in the 2.3 liter tranny, so they appear to be a decent reliable car

Reactions: Bella

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it were me I would buy it out. If you had put the normal mileage on it it would be different but where can you get a car with under 10k miles that you know you like for 24k. Only major problem with the mkc is in the 2.3 liter tranny, so they appear to be a decent reliable car
Thank you! I’m not technical but what is the possible 2.3 tranny issue? Going to shoot for an extended warranty if I do buy it. In your opinion what warrant would help cover potential tranny issues down the road? Really appreciate your input. Be safe!

·
Super Moderator
377 Posts
They should have recalled your car if you've got the 2.3 L and done a reflash to the powertrain control module. Unfortunately this was just published maybe 6 months ago so I don't know if that will fix the problem or not, those that have had transmission issues that are not improved with the flash are looking at $3,000 plus for transmission replacement or rebuild

·
Registered
60 Posts
If it's a Lincoln lease, Ford will not negotiate the residual price. I wish they would.
I think you should keep it You can buy a discounted genuine Lincoln extended warranty from Flood ford for peace of mind.
I'm at 15K miles now and I'll have around 17K-18K miles on my '19 Reserve 2.0 at lease turn end next Jan. She's a pleasure drive garage queen now and it's been great. No warranty issues or problems. I'll probably buy her. I would definitely buy the extended warranty before basic warranty ends if I do keep it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My 2 cents. I think it boils down to: do you want to keep it? Meaning, you like so much you're not interested in anything else. Do you mind being out of warranty?
Personally, I get bored and want to get something different every 4-6 years.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought a 2016 MKC for 19grand with 27k miles. For me it was all about the warranty and the car was certified through 3/2022. Your 2017 would be put back on the lot with the 6 year certified warranty that is good for that time or for example in my case 70,000 miles. Lincoln parts are off the chart expensive so given those low miles i would try a warranty angle. Good Luck!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did you buy it or turn it in?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you buy it or turn it in?
Hi. I don’t get an alert until now that folks had replied to me. Thank you all!! yes i did buy it. didn’t feel like looking for a car right now. Can always sell or trade in someday, They wouldn’t budge on residual price.
dealer offered 2 warranties. I went with Lincoln pre owned certified extended warranty. thank you all again!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi. I don’t get an alert until now that folks had replied to me. Thank you all!! yes i did buy it. didn’t feel like looking for a car right now. Can always sell or trade in someday, They wouldn’t budge on residual price.
dealer offered 2 warranties. I went with Lincoln pre owned certified extended warranty. thank you all again!
Good move with that mileage!
Mine will have about 17500 miles at lease end in January. It's garage queen now. I'm going to buy it and get an online discounted Ford extended warranty from Flood Ford.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good move with that mileage!
Mine will have about 17500 miles at lease end in January. It's garage queen now. I'm going to buy it and get an online discounted Ford extended warranty from Flood Ford.
Thank you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts