Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the MKC has been rolled out, Lincoln is beginning to look to the future and how it will expand its vehicle lineup.

Lincoln global director Matt VanDyke told Edmunds, "We know that we need to get into other segments with other vehicles." VanDyke was pushed for more info, specifically if the Mustang platform would be used. He continued, "We won't rule out anything."

We know that Lincoln will be coming out with a new MKS and a redesigned MKX which was recently previewed by a concept at the Beijing Motor Show.

What do you think the Mustang platform could be used for?

MKS Concept

Lincoln still open to a Mustang-based model - report

·
Registered
324 Posts
Personally I'd love to see a Lincoln LS remake, the LS used to be based on a platform that I believe was derived from the outgoing Mustang, although don't quote me. IT could give them a viable RWD sedan, although size wise that would land right in the MKZ's territory.

Unless the did a coupe sedan to differentiate. They could do a straight coupe but the payback on a low volume luxury coupe is not exactly worth while. No I think their best bet is a sedan. In all honesty I would love to see the MKS swap to RWD, MKS production was recently swapped to Flatrock alongside the Mustang if I'm not mistaken....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts