Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the differences between the Lincoln MKC crossover and the MKZ sedan is the replacement of the sliding controls in the MKZ with buttons and knobs in the MKC. Since Lincoln has been suffering in customer satisfaction surveys because of the MyLincoln Tounch system, a change was needed.

2015 Lincoln MKC Controls

2013 Lincoln MKZ Controls

·
Registered
524 Posts
This is the best way to go for the future. The next step will be full touch screen's so it's a great way to slowly make that transition by making the overall layout get close to it without being too complex.

·
Registered
190 Posts
physical buttons are probably easier and less problematic but I liked how the controls looked in the MKZ.

Too bad they werent that responsive.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the look of the interior without the knobs but I understand how that physical buttons and knobs are easier to work with. Maybe they just have to work out some kinks in the touch technology and design before its ready for mainstream.

·
Registered
324 Posts
why?

More touch controls equals more glictchy software equals more people complaining equals bad press equals CR saying lincolns are unreliable because their buttons are fidgety.

No thank you. The automotive public has gone too far, they don't want cars they want cellphones with wheels. They want lane departure and auto braking so when they're busy playing with the tablet in the centre console the car will keep them just as safe as if they had to pay attention.

Isn't technology a lobotomy ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
why?

More touch controls equals more glictchy software equals more people complaining equals bad press equals CR saying lincolns are unreliable because their buttons are fidgety.

No thank you. The automotive public has gone too far, they don't want cars they want cellphones with wheels. They want lane departure and auto braking so when they're busy playing with the tablet in the centre console the car will keep them just as safe as if they had to pay attention.

Isn't technology a lobotomy ;)
this is very true, but unfortunately we'll have to live with it and keep going back to the dealer for what ever fixes they have for it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
sometimes I like having real knobs

Aiming at the touchscreen while trying to drive isn't exactly easy
they can always consider combining a knob with the touchscreen just so if you need to keep your eyes off the screen you can go by touch.

·
Registered
190 Posts
there is a touchscreen ontop of the knob

touchscreen doesnt exactly work very well when you aren't looking

try using your smartphone without looking at it :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
using a smartphone without looking at it is a good way to put it since we all know that won't work too well, most times getting you no where.

·
Registered
190 Posts
yep. pressing wrong buttons

changing the temp and radio station by accident lol

thats why knobs are a bit easier

in the corner of your eye you can spot the knob and turn it without having to take your eyes off the road

plus knobs don't glare like screens do :D

·
Registered
524 Posts
it really does help just going off of feel when controlling the knob.

flatter setups and screens make it harder, might contribute to more distracted driving cases

·
Registered
524 Posts
I wonder if cadillac will make the SRX more "lean" and more along the lines of a high end european SUV, to make it more competitive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts