Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of the COMFORT setting in the continuous control damping? I have an MKC without it, and the normal ride seems a bit jarring. Is the CCD worth the extra dollars on a FWD? Does it make for a smoother ride?

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have it on my AWD and the comfort mode is like a floating couch. feels greats but sacrifice handling tho.

Reactions: TxTom

·
Registered
183 Posts
110% worth it the cost to us both on our 3/4 crap roads, especially for my needs. :wink

Reactions: TxTom

·
Registered
214 Posts
We could tell just on a test drive that the FWD without CCD was noticeably rougher than the AWD with CCD. We were not able to test drive a FWD with CCD because no cars dealerships in our area had any.

One of our reasons for buying an MKC over a CR-V was for the added comfort, smooth ride, and quiet cabin that the MKC offers (to say nothing about the fact that she's a beauty inside and out) so we opted for the MKC with AWD which comes with CCD.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I like normal, comfort is too (sorry- old school Lincoln soft) for my taste- However, I'm biased as I drive on smoother freeways most of the time - I avoid the "city" streets here because they are in bad shape, especially this time of year.

·
Registered
277 Posts
CCD is the best feature of the car. I have a 2.0 FWD with it, and really enjoy all 3 settings depending on the road. Interstates here, especially the bridge expansion strips, are far more civilized when set to comfort.
My only beef is how buried the settings are in the menus. Town driving is mostly Normal with occasional Sport. I just about have to pull off the road to get the Comfort setting.
Please Lincoln add this to your next software revision:laugh

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know if the NORMAL setting with CCD feels the same as the drive without CCD? I understand that the COMFORT mode is very different, but I am wondering if the CCD really makes a difference if you use normal. I am trying to decide if I should trade in my FWD MKC for one with CCD, now that my dealer has a fwd with ccd available. However, the dealer is two hours away, not convenient to go for a test drive, especially if I would discover that there is not much difference.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The bottom line is this.... because you are asking about it, and if you don't get it, you'll kick yourself until you change cars. I got my MKC totally loaded and have ZERO regrets. There is is notable difference between the driving mode and and switch between them all then time.

·
Registered
183 Posts
What is CCD & how do i know if i have it in my MKC Premiere ?

NOT Availible on Premiere.

Lincoln Drive Control: CCD

Engineered for a dynamic ride, the MKC adapts to the driver's mood with available three-mode adaptive suspension. We call it Lincoln Drive Control with continuously controlled damping (CCD).
A series of 12 advanced sensors read 46 different driving inputs and adjust to the road up to 20 times per second — faster than the blink of an eye
Adjusts the suspension in milliseconds
Depending how the driver is feeling, they can set the vehicle to comfort, normal or sport mode to fit their mood
Lincoln Drive Control helps protect against jarring impacts and costly wheel repairs caused by highway potholes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The bottom line is this.... because you are asking about it, and if you don't get it, you'll kick yourself until you change cars. I got my MKC totally loaded and have ZERO regrets. There is is notable difference between the driving mode and and switch between them all then time.
You are right about kicking myself. Do you think I will take a big hit trading in my MKC at a Lincoln dealer for one with the CCD?

·
Registered
54 Posts
With the exception of the Mercedes S class, the universal answer for any brand will likely be "ABSOLUTELY". With the S class, just double the 'hit' percentage!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
still wondering about CCD

The Lincoln Drive control with continuous controlled damping is standard on all the MKCs with AWD. However, very few of the MKCs with FWD include the Drive control with CCD. Is that because the ccd does not really make much of a difference in FWD vehicles?

·
Registered
183 Posts
The Lincoln Drive control with continuous controlled damping is standard on all the MKCs with AWD. However, very few of the MKCs with FWD include the Drive control with CCD. Is that because the ccd does not really make much of a difference in FWD vehicles?

CCD is not an available option for FWD or AWD with Equipment Group, Premiere 100A

Did you not read my post #10 about CCD?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts