Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem like a stupid question, but I'm not a car guy... I own a 2019 MKC Reserve 2.0L engine that does not seem to have the Lincoln Drive Control (adaptive suspension) - I have the tech and climate package only. Can someone tell me if Drive Control is a system that can be activated via Forscan or any software solution? I know on some cars, some options are turned off via software but the hardware or physical components are in place. Is that the case here, or would hardware components need to be replaced - or is it even possible??

Thanks
JBA

Administrator
I always preference everything by saying anything is possible. But no, the suspension is completely different, there are sensors and wiring to feel the harshness of the road as well as a different suspension system that is adaptive, the standard struts do not have any electrical adaptation

Registered
Only the AWD ones have adaptive suspension. The FWD ones have the typical suspension. I'm glad mine has the typical one. I've heard some reports of the adaptive ones going out at around 50K miles and each strut costs $1,000+ to replace. One less thing to break

1 - 5 of 5 Posts