Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! This will be my first post on these forums!

I'm in the market for a MKC. A nearby dealer has a model instock at $39,200 MSRP + tax (2.0L FWD, Select, Plat. White, White Sands, Vista Roof, Select Plus, Select Plus Discount). That dealer is selling at MSRP + tax, minus the $1100 Select Plus Discount, $1000 Comp. Conquest, and $750 Private Cash Offer, rounding out at about $41,9xx.xx

However, I noticed the MKC popped up onto the Costco Auto Program. Located my nearest participating dealer, the model closest to my specifications would be a White Plat 2.0L FWD w/ CCD, White Sands, Vista Roof, Select Plus, Select Plus Discount, and also the Climate Package. The MSRP on this unit is $40,850, however, Costco is claiming invoice is $38,820, which would make it cheaper than the lesser loaded model!

Anyway, my question is, do any of you know what discounts the Costco Auto Program offers, and would the Costco-dealer's more loaded unit end up cheaper than the non-Costco program dealer?

Thanks! Excited to be rolling in brand new wheels soon!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm going to answer my own question here. Contacted Costco Auto Program, they found my dealer (an hour's drive away!) and they took the MSRP on the car ($40,850) and brought it down to the Costco-exclusive pricing of $38,998.60 before tax!

Costco is really helping me negotiate with dealers who are refusing to budge a cent off of MSRP. I took this Costco offer to another dealer who said they'd match it, even though they don't participate in the Costco Auto Program!

·
Registered
101 Posts
The MKc I ordered with 2.3, AWD, Select group, THX ll and dest was $41,855.00 and with the Costco plan it is $39.848.00 and the employee discount AZ plan $38,178.00. I found this by going to Costco auto plans and building my MKc.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Once I get the membership, do I work directly through Costco for the discounted price or will they direct me to a dealership?
They will direct you to the nearest dealer which participates in the Costco Auto Program. There are one or two contacts at that dealership who is a dedicated CAP trained employee. They have a special price for Costco members- it was 1,850 under MSRP for me.

However if that dealer is far away as they were, try calling your local dealer- they may price match the lower price even if they dont participate in the program, which is exactly what I did.

And if you haven't yet, you could also try AAA's carbuying service. Same concept as Costco- prenegotiated pricing, included with an AAA membership. But Costco membership has access to the bulk groceries which is nice too!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thx for the info! Too late for negotiation on mine, but still quite interesting to build an MKC on the Costco site & see the dealer/msrp figures regarding each of the option pkgs. Actually, felt better about that whopping reserve pkg.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts