Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
yea its true, escape starts at 22 in the US and 23 in CAN. I wonder if MKC has more equipment in the Canadian base to justify 6K...
That's more like it, I can understand a price difference in the $500-3000 range but anything higher for a vehicle like this is questionable

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yea, cause everyone who gets sick in Canada dies when they need emergency care. Come on.

The real reason why things cost more in Canada is because companies know we are willing to spend more. American prices are reduced because the market is so competitive for everything. MKC for $39,000 is not that bad. It is a luxury vehicle after all. And every other car in Canada is priced high to, so its all relative.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought it was because of the currency difference.. the minumum wage up in Canada is much higher than the US in dollar amount.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I thought it was because of the currency difference.. the minumum wage up in Canada is much higher than the US in dollar amount.
It is but when you consider how much taxes are and the cost of things, it eventually starts to even out to levels in the U.S.
Sucks that Canadians pay so much for cars. Some who live close to the boarder go to the U.S. to buy cars, good way to save thousands.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yea, cause everyone who gets sick in Canada dies when they need emergency care. Come on.

The real reason why things cost more in Canada is because companies know we are willing to spend more. American prices are reduced because the market is so competitive for everything. MKC for $39,000 is not that bad. It is a luxury vehicle after all. And every other car in Canada is priced high to, so its all relative.
its a broken system, admit it.

Nope price differences actually have nothing to do with consumer mindset. People are not willing to spend more if they can spend less.

The real discrepancy comes from the USD being world reserve currency. To do business anywhere in the world it needs to go through the USD first. If the US didnt have reserve status Americans would pay much more than Canidians do.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is but when you consider how much taxes are and the cost of things, it eventually starts to even out to levels in the U.S.
Sucks that Canadians pay so much for cars. Some who live close to the boarder go to the U.S. to buy cars, good way to save thousands.
I'd imagine buying a US car might have its complications.

Unless you are going over and paying cash.

There would also be import fees. And your resale would probably be hurt a bit.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'd imagine buying a US car might have its complications.

Unless you are going over and paying cash.

There would also be import fees. And your resale would probably be hurt a bit.
not sure of the process but people are doing it, which says something about doing this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the price increase from US to Canada is crazy, a whole $6k more, which is kind of excessive IMO
Pricing difference could be reflective of only the AWD version being offered in Canada vs. FWD in the U.S.A. Of course the sliding CDN$ is not helping matters any.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Pricing difference could be reflective of only the AWD version being offered in Canada vs. FWD in the U.S.A. Of course the sliding CDN$ is not helping matters any.
Good point.
Canadians would ideally want an AWD model. Might as well make it standard. Which would explain the price difference.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There are also a few other features that are standard on the Canadian model

Reason for such the big price difference.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts