Lincoln MKC Forum banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
I am not surprised about your expectations. I too have felt that way at times getting my vehicle serviced, fortunately for me everything has always *knock on wood* turned out okay in the end, Lincoln is not a very good customer service based company, they have a long way to go.

Picked up the MKC at the dealer at lunch... The car was detailed (exterior) and the work that was done exceeded my expectations! Rear hatch is aligned correctly now and the whistling mirrors are fixed! The oil was changed and tires rotated plus a full inspection that included a battery load test.. I was also given a new, loaded MKX as a loaner which was nice but it's a little too much vehicle for me (I still prefer the MKC). The 4 hinge bolts (2 on each side) and the lower bumpers were used to adjust the gap on both side.. They may have also adjusted the motorized bracket that pulls the hatch shut. They told me the operation required 2 techs - One to hold the hatch while the other did the adjustment. Again the drivers side gap was so large I could put my finger in it.. Now its perfect!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Had the same update performed on mine (2 modules, etc.), but it did not fully resolve the issue. The driver's mirror still has a mind of its own sometimes when I use the memory button to move the seat/wheel/mirror. Also, my driver's seat tilt function on the front of the seat cushion does not always work as part of the memory sequence. The dealer has tried repeatedly to fix both these issues, but they persist....just Gremlins in the system they cannot seem to hunt down and destroy...*sigh*

I'm still experiencing the intermittent mirror memory problems after 2 module changes and multiple reprogrammings... It doesn't loose the memory setting its just that the driver side mirror positions itself in the wrong position when I enter the vehicle and pressing the memory button moves it to the correct position. I'm beginning to suspect its the mirror motors communicating the wrong position back to the modules. When I have time I will bring it in again.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have around 700 miles on my baby and am also having welcome mat issues. It worked on the first day but I am not sure that it has worked since. I figure I will get them to look at it when I take it in for the first oil change but if someone has any answer to this mystery please let me know.

I do have one gripe...why the heck didn't they put an automatic close button on the hatch? I didn't need the hands free lift gate but for a high end car I should be able to at least close it with the push of a button.
As per Todd:
The liftgste closes with:

The button on the liftgate
The foot swipe
The button on the dash
The key...........It closes more ways than any other car I know of.

The car needs to be locked by the fob ( top left button ) upon parking it....when you use the fob to start the car ( one press on the same lock button, immediately followed by 2 presses on the middle top button ( 2X ).....this will start the MKC and you SHOULD have the greeting mat lights ON, try it and report back....

·
Registered
7 Posts
MKC issues

2017 Reserve

Sunroof shade issue - would only open 2 inches then stop
issue with back hatch not closing properly
battery died after just one year
dash issues
lug nuts swollen
noisy brakes every morning
rear spoiler wing loose
approach lights no longer work
rain sensing wipers have a mind of their own and will do a random sweep when exterior light changes
heated seats take forever to warm up

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone experienced this problem on their MKC? My 2015 MKC sometimes unlocks immediately after I lock the car by either pressing the lock area on the handle with one finger (so I'm not touching any other part of the handle) or by the remote. I lock the car, and then almost immediately I hear it unlock. Sometimes this happens several times before I finally get it to lock for good. I've even tested this with a friend by trying to lock it, and then asking him to open the door, and he can (without a key fob on him).

In the user manual, there is a smart lock feature that will automatically unlock the car if it detects a key fob inside the car (so you don't accidentally lock yourself out of your car), but I don't have another key fob in the car. Only the one on me in my pocket. I've even taken it out while I lock to make sure I'm not accidentally pushing a key fob button.

Any thoughts on this? Anyone else experience this? Has it been documented anywhere, so when I go to the dealer, they won't think I'm crazy? I'm going to try to capture this behavior in a video to show them since they're not likely to duplicate this at the dealership.

(As a side note, I had my THX amplifier replaced since most of the sound cut out when I started the car until about 10 minutes driving, and of course the dealer could not duplicate it. I had to make a YouTube video to show it happening, and then they found the problem.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have experienced the same thing with the doors unlocking on my 2017 MKC. I took it in for service and they could not duplicate. It hasn't happened in a while, so I haven't been back to the dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
MKC issues

2017 Reserve

Sunroof shade issue - would only open 2 inches then stop
issue with back hatch not closing properly
battery died after just one year
dash issues
lug nuts swollen
noisy brakes every morning
rear spoiler wing loose
approach lights no longer work
rain sensing wipers have a mind of their own and will do a random sweep when exterior light changes
heated seats take forever to warm up
I have a 2017 with all of these issues plus mirrors over ratcheting and front passenger ptu seal - never had a vehicle with so many issues

161 - 167 of 167 Posts