Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With official specs showing up yesterday we can now start to compare MKC in detail...

MKC

Wheelbase: 105.9 in
Length: 179.2 in
Width (excluding mirrors): 73.4 in
Width (including mirrors): 84.1 in
Height (without options): 65.2 in
Track width (front/rear): 62.4 in/ 62.5 in

Q3

Wheelbase: 102.48 in
Length: 172.63 in
Width (excluding mirrors): 72.1 in
Width (including mirrors): 79.48 in
Height: 63.3 in
Track width (front/rear): 61.8 in/ 62 in

·
Registered
524 Posts
I always dislike Audi for keeping their design the same for a while, they really need to change it up. At least Lincoln did something different.

·
Registered
333 Posts
If we are just comparing style, the MKC seems like someone actually designed it. The Audi just looks like the neutral base upon which design would be done.

I think that the size of the MKC is good too. Not too big, not too small. The combination of style and slightly larger size makes the MKC have a much more noticeable presence.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here are the Q5 dimensions related back to MKC

Q5

Wheelbase: 110.5 in
Length: 182.6 in
Width (excluding mirrors): 74.7 in
Width (including mirrors): 82.2 in
Track width (front/rear): 63.7 in/ 63.5 in

MKC

Wheelbase: 105.9 in
Length: 179.2 in
Width (excluding mirrors): 73.4 in
Width (including mirrors): 84.1 in
Track width (front/rear): 62.4 in/ 62.5 in

·
Registered
524 Posts
wow they come very close in dimensions, if someone wanted to be a troll they can say that audi used the Lincoln platform :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
wow they come very close in dimensions, if someone wanted to be a troll they can say that Audi used the Lincoln platform :D
That would be quite an interesting turn in Lincoln's strategy. I wonder what the MKC was aiming for as a benchmark though. I would guess that it would be more focused on BMW since it seems to be doing super well in the luxury CUV segment. Maybe the X3?

·
Registered
139 Posts
That 180 in minus size has serious relevance in the marketplace. I believe that divider separates the CUV from the midsize models. Didn't buy mine for the back seats. I want room I just drop them. Interestingly, it rides better than every other SUV I have ever driven including my Range Rover Sport!!! That is saying something.

·
Registered
75 Posts
We traded in our 2015 Q3 because of the size. After keeping it for 2 months we realized just how small it is, but the dealer was screwing me over with the trade in. So we kept it for 18 months and then traded it in for a 2015 Mkc CPO fully loaded.

Good move on our part as we are happy with the Mkc.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ride quality in sport is still better than the Audis in oh I forgot they can't do that ANY mode.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts