Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
appearance wise I'll take the Lincoln every day. Pig snout vs eagle wings....

The MKC will start $2000 less for the AWD model than Q5, but the Lincoln is available as FWD for $34,000. $4000 less than the base Q5 (Which has AWD standard)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Cost of maintenance for the MKC will also be less, something to consider. Still, the Audi should be something to consider, the extra costs of maintaining it during the warranty period isn't that bad but make sure to get rid of it before the warranty is up.

·
Registered
333 Posts
There are parts of of the Q5 that I like, but overall I like the MKC better. Audi has really nice head and tail lights. Lincoln has added LED tube lights now too so it stacks up better. I really like the back end of the Lincoln because of the light bar. I like the bottom part of the Audi front better than the MKC but the grille is nicer on the Lincoln. The Audi grille is kinda under designed IMO.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Going to necro-bump this old thread since I just test drove a Q5 diesel today. Just wondered how others felt on the Q5. I was already not thinking I'd be going for a Q5, but I was finished early at work so I thought why not swing by the dealer.

My opinion was just wow, the Q5 is dated. I was pretty shocked. The driving dynamics are really nice and it looks good on the outside, but I was completely at a loss for why MMI is so beloved. I wanted to look at a prestige level (the highest), but nobody has those in stock to test drive in my area. What I got had a lot of hard plastic, tons of buttons, and an interface that is a better version of iDrive but on a 5.7" screen. You also have to spend a fortune to get the adaptive suspension because it requires you to add a driver assist package to "enable" the ability to add the suspension adjustment. The one I drove didn't even have the different drive modes at all. Some of the nice features like traffic integrated with the navigation is part of a $15/month subscription.

I will give the Q5 a big plus on the transmission. It is really smooth and I pushed it hard a couple times (while simultaneously apologizing to the SA). It seemed to be on the same page with what I wanted it to do the whole time, it was nice. Diesel has a lot of grunt, but it started to lose steam too quickly as you pick up speed....tested by flooring it up a long highway entrance ramp.

Long story short, I would absolutely not buy a Q5 over an MKC, at least for 2015 model year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts