Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In reading all the articles surrounding the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS but better known as the Detroit Auto Show) taking place right now, I came across one yesterday that I found very interesting. Basically it reports that Ford will be adding four new SUV's -- as in totally new -- including one in their Lincoln lineup. That one should be in the Explorer three-row size.

Excerpt from the article:

Ford plans to add four new utility vehicles to the lineup over the next few years and they will be new nameplates, including at least one for the Lincoln brand.
The Lincoln brand is adding two nameplates to its family over the next few years and at least one will be a utility vehicle. It is expected to be similar in size to the Ford Explorer.

Lincoln already has a compact crossover with the MKC, a midsize crossover with the MKX and a full-size SUV with the Navigator. Adding an Explorer-sized, three-row crossover still leaves room to add a subcompact crossover, as well.

Full article here:

Ford adding 4 new SUVs for Ford, Lincoln brands

·
Registered
733 Posts
The Aviator is returning probably off of the Explorer platform.

·
Registered
795 Posts
In reading all the articles surrounding the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS but better known as the Detroit Auto Show) taking place right now, I came across one yesterday that I found very interesting. Basically it reports that Ford will be adding four new SUV's -- as in totally new -- including one in their Lincoln lineup. That one should be in the Explorer three-row size.

Excerpt from the article:

Ford plans to add four new utility vehicles to the lineup over the next few years and they will be new nameplates, including at least one for the Lincoln brand.
The Lincoln brand is adding two nameplates to its family over the next few years and at least one will be a utility vehicle. It is expected to be similar in size to the Ford Explorer.

Lincoln already has a compact crossover with the MKC, a midsize crossover with the MKX and a full-size SUV with the Navigator. Adding an Explorer-sized, three-row crossover still leaves room to add a subcompact crossover, as well.

Full article here:

Ford adding 4 new SUVs for Ford, Lincoln brands
Wonder what it will look like....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts