Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the fuel door supposed to lock when the car is locked? I've had this on previous cars and expected it on the MKC. Maybe it's an option I missed, but I'm fairly sure the only thing I didn't get was the larger wheels.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Is the fuel door supposed to lock when the car is locked? I've had this on previous cars and expected it on the MKC. Maybe it's an option I missed, but I'm fairly sure the only thing I didn't get was the larger wheels.
Fuel door locking is not an available option, and does not lock when the doors are locked. Somewhere I have heard there is a locking cap available for the "capless" Ford/Lincoln system.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for confirming. I've never had an issue with someone trying to steal gas, but it was good insurance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
We were told by our Lincoln dealer that there is a locking cap for the MKC if we wanted one. We decided that we didn't need it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Kind of surprised the door doesn't lock, such a basic feature that even cars from the 90's had. Plus a locking door makes us feel better about coming back to our vehicle, knowing we'll have the same amount of gas we left with :D

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Plus parking in specific places can help reduce the chances your gas will get stolen, like right by the camera or out in the open where its obvious what someone is doing.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I wasn't so worried about gas getting stolen but someone putting something in the gas. Not having a locking cover was a big mistake as far as I'm concerned considering most other vehicles have it as well as Lincoln being a luxury vehicle.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you look at the molding of the cap and housing it looks like Ford thought about a locking lid or optioned it in a different market. I kept trying to get it to lock when I first bought the car until I realized there was no actuator in the cut out. :unsure::unsure::(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts