1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes - I'd have to agree - looks a lot like the MKC

·
Registered
524 Posts
There are in fact some cues that make it seem similar to the MKC but there sure is enough going on to set the two apart quite nicely.

Seems like these days it's harder to have a design that's unique to the vehicle it's on, unless there's some real motivation for keeping specific designs similar to the vehicles they're copying.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Diesel's of either 110 or 130hp and a gas 130hp. What size is it, like a Focus? Do not like the interior. So glad I live in the USA.

·
Registered
333 Posts
As far as the body shape, I see what you mean, but the grille is pretty different. Lots of cars seem similar these days. I think that its difficult to come up with a design that is completely different from what everyone else is doing.

·
Registered
795 Posts
interesting wheels...The body lines do look similar..you guys see the new jaguar CUV coming out? Looks like a cross between volvo, MKC, and Evoque..

·
Registered
795 Posts
There are in fact some cues that make it seem similar to the MKC but there sure is enough going on to set the two apart quite nicely.

Seems like these days it's harder to have a design that's unique to the vehicle it's on, unless there's some real motivation for keeping specific designs similar to the vehicles they're copying.
The problem I had for 4 years selecting a car. Thought they all looked the same. In 2012 when Land Rover came out with the evoque I went nuts. I thought it was the "freshest" cuv/suv design since the Infiniti fx. Just my opinion but man when I see one coming from ANY angle it just screams new, different, hot! I just love it. Drives different than the MKC but again if you were going fir looks only...

The MKC concept was so cool without the door handles. When are they going to do away with those?!?! Put a fingerprint scanner flush on the door like a button.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Fuel economy and crash test requirements create many demands on todays cars thus creating a real challenge for Designers/Engineers to comply while continually developing a unique look. Many do quite well in creating brand appearance continuity. Grills and wheels catch the eye quickly but when one looks the second time at subtle body sculpting details you often see what sets many apart while competing in the same categories.

For us it was the front and rear styling that we found unique and clearly stating it's a Lincoln. Happy they have adopted the horizontal grill treatment across the brand and dropped the "snaggle-tooth" vertical look on all models.

After lots of evaluation we've finally ordered the MKC and look forward to picking up in the near future.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Don't be surprised to see the influence of the Lincoln Continental grill on a refreshed MKC in the future. I read that is the future "face" of Lincoln.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Yes, that grille is pretty eye catching if it stays the way it looks in the concept.. The coolest thing about the front grille/look of the continental is that the lincoln symbol lights up and glows. The front of the car looks like a smiling happy face as my son would say..

These pics are from the NY car show in the spring. It was hard to get closer for pic as it was crazy crowded.
Rayo check out the headlight/lighting on this.
If you look close you can see what looks like little lincoln symbols etched into the bulbs of the individual headlamps, way cool!
Also the signature lights below the headlamps look larger/brighter than our MKCs

Yes, I hope they carry over some of these features on the MKC's (MKX's rayo) I heard the continental will have a heads up display..that why we'll need to wait until 2018 and beyond rayo in hopes they roll out this technology to the SUV's...but it better be before we buy a Lexus or Land Rover first! Get to work Lincoln.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
After lots of evaluation we've finally ordered the MKC and look forward to picking up in the near future.
Congratulations!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts