Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything I am reading (unless reading it wrong) requires 2 programmed keys to program a purchased one from ebay amazon, other etc. Anyone know if it is works with just one key? or do you need both. Trying to avoid the dealer on this one. year is 2015

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you download Forscan and buy adapter ( i recommend the obdlink EX). You can add one key but only if you don't delete any remaining keys.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been wanting to eventually use something like that to get me a digital speedometer (missing) on the 2015 MKC (apparently you can do with forescan. So this adapter comes with OBDWiz diagnostics software, but it is the free forescan that I would need to do the keys? So my step DIY is buy the correct keyfob, get the cable, download the software and then following instructions for the process there using the remaining key (in center counsel) when instructed to program what would be the new blank key #2?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes the absolute best software for ford vehicles will be forscan. The obdlink software is not worth anything but their adapters are worth their weight in gold. Once you have purchased the adapter and downloaded the software (newest application as they just recently figured out how to program IA keys), you will need to get a license through the forscan forum (which is fully documented on the forscan forum). Once you have everything above you will start the Key programming (in programming section) within the RFA module (this does not work in the PATS module if that option is given). Do not delete any keys as this can brick your vehicle if you don't know what you are doing. Follow the commons exactly and you are done. It takes 10 minutes to access security features within the RFA modules so insure plenty of time and a charged battery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@copbait, thanks for your reply....Here is what I have so far

- Blank key ordered and on the way
-friend who has bluetooth adapter and paid version of Forscan for Android 1.5.7 (latest)
- I have downloaded Forscan Windows 2.3.33 (latest) as backup in case friend's setup does not work

What I do not have yet:
-free 2 months trial liscence for the windows version (but can do)
- any instructions whatsoever on how to actually do the programming in Forscan (have looked everywhere, forums, documentation)

Anyone know where I can find instructions on how to do for 2015 MKC

·
Registered
148 Posts
Android will not work, must be windows software (maybe mac, I don't use that crap). It is very easy to figure out, but the option will be under configurations and programming - rfa module. I have yet to screw up a programming as long as I have not deleted keys. Once you understand the nuances of the software even deleting keys is easy. I am a beta tester for the forscan and have access to 2.4 software which is crazy what it can do, and even with all the beta problems I have yet to ever break something bad enough to require parts replacement, although I have been without a car for a couple days.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@copbait, Thanks...in the time between post I did find some documentation but not specific for Lincoln just how the software works a little more in regards to keys. I think my best bet would be to see if I can use my friends adapter, see if it works with windows and see how far I get until I warns on both keys need to be deleted or something. I also got a call back from a locksmith that said they could do it for $50 which actually is not to bad to have the accountability of not screwing up on them. Still want to play with the forscan to check it out...if anything to see for sure if the key is good and blank with the correct indicating code..thanks for you reply

1 - 7 of 7 Posts