Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Loud multiple thump noise

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gunger54 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have been experiencing loud thumping noises coming from the back of my 2017 Lincoln MKC 2.0 turbo.

I say a post from 7-02-2017 that referred to a subwoofer thump sound. However, I could not find the post by bojo539 that may have possibly explained the noise - and the fix.

I took the car to the dealer and tried to explain the noise, however it did not occur during my visit.

I've been hearing it a lot lately as the doors are automatically unlocking. A passenger who was sitting in my car while the car was idle, also heard it.

If someone is also experiencing the noise - and had it fixed, please let me know ( and how ). Thank you!

#2 ·
Did you ever find out the reason for the thumping noise? The same thing is happening in my 2017 Lincoln MKC and it is coming from the roof near the rear hatch. It is also having other issues like the hatch doesn't open from time to time, I am getting rear hatch open alerts, interior lights staying on, horn honking when I approach my vehicle, etc. I have paid for diagnostic testing a few times which doesn't show any issues and mechanics can't find a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.