Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed how loud the clicking noise is when you click the turn indicator? I thought it was me at first, but I have had several people now comment on how loud it is.

Is there a setting to turn down the clicking?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Has anyone noticed how loud the clicking noise is when you click the turn indicator? I thought it was me at first, but I have had several people now comment on how loud it is.

Is there a setting to turn down the clicking?

A very low active turn indicator sound; as in like could not be much less and still be heard.

And no we have not advanced that far yet. :wink

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm hard of hearing so the clicking sound is perfect for me

·
Registered
39 Posts
Made a special point to pay attention to it while driving the wifes car last night. Honestly I don't think it is loud, I really like the tone it is much less annoying and isn't a cheap click of a mechanical relay it is a simulated sound due to using an electronic relay.

Good job Lincoln!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so based on everyone's response it may not be a MKC issue, just mine must not be right, it is seriously loud and obnoxious. I know I am not crazy because several of my passengers have also brought it up. I need to take it in anyways to get my heated seats fixed.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I agree it is loud, but not something that will ruin my day loud, and as was noted it has a good tone to it. I do wish there was a way to change the level though, that would be nice.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I much prefer the sound than in any previous car I have owned and I do not find it loud at all.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Years of playing drums had it's toll on my hearing,to my level of hearing, it sounds just about perfect,the fact it's not a mechanical "click" is the added bonus as well... has the duration of the signal somewhat altered as well? I mean, is it flashing at a faster rate/slower rate ( more than likely, it would be a faster rate)....
If that is the case, it might be a sign of the electronic module going out ( potentially defective). Talk to your dealer and ask to hear another one in an MKC on their lot and compare!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ah I think of the indicator sound as pure Lincoln- from waaaay back. From grandma's Town Car and my 2000 LS- the same relaxed sound.
But we don't think you are crazy- it could be too loud and some module swap is worth a try.
These modern rides make almost no 'natural' mechanical noises any longer..........all is synthesized.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Compared to my Edge Sport I traded in for the MKC, I find the turn single actually quieter. So much so that if I have the stereo at a slightly louder volume (10-14 on sync 3), I don't hear the signal at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts