Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone remove the Built In Louisville Sticker on the Windshield ?

Also why do we need a Sirrius decal on the Driver window ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I removed mine since it had a nice big ugly thumb print on the sticky side that was adhered to the windshield. With a hair dryer and a little bit of patience, sticker peeled off easily without leaving any sticky residue.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I would remove it.
I like my vehicles looking 'clean'
anything that doesn't need to be their doesn't last long with me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I too removed every sticker, including the dealers's sticker, on the back - with the exception of the Louisville sticker, because my wife is from Kentucky!
I've said before that there have been thousands of hours devoted to designing these sleek, beautiful vehicles and ANY sticker, badge, dealers's logo/sticker and plates are sacrilegious! I don't ever remember getting a kick-back or rebate from the dealers or manufacturers for hanging advertisings all over our vehicles!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I removed the stickers on the front side window before the windows were tinted, but left the Louisville sticker...proudly built in the USA.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I don't know the % but in Texas the law limits the max, for the front side windows. It is a slight bit lighter than the rear side windows, and is the max allowable here. Matches well. (Even did the small windows in front of the doors)

·
Registered
524 Posts
I too removed every sticker, including the dealers's sticker, on the back - with the exception of the Louisville sticker, because my wife is from Kentucky!
I've said before that there have been thousands of hours devoted to designing these sleek, beautiful vehicles and ANY sticker, badge, dealers's logo/sticker and plates are sacrilegious! I don't ever remember getting a kick-back or rebate from the dealers or manufacturers for hanging advertisings all over our vehicles!
Good stuff, that's exaclty what i would do too.
i even let the dealer know in advance that i don't want their dealership badge, plate frame or anything to do with them on my vehicle....because as you might know, some do that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I feel the same way.

I told my dealer well in advance that I did not want any stickers on my vehicle. They tried to tell me how it was "advertising" for them.

I suggested if it was advertising then what cut of the deals am I going to get.
He just laughed.

You know it probably wouldn't be so bad if the stickers were small, straight and in an unobtrusive place. Mine weren't. They were crooked and I especially loved the one on the front windshield. Don't get me wrong, I am all for the "built in Louisville" and perhaps in a less obtrusive place, I would have kept it. But on the front windshield and not even straight ... NOT.

I had ALL of the stickers removed from the vehicle prior to me picking it up. I feel it is my purchase and I paid for it. If they want advertising they could pay me to have the sticker on my vehicle.

The bottom line if it was a good deal, and an awesome experience the dealership will get my referrals. I really don't think a sticker on a vehicle is going to go as far as word of mouth.

My 2 cents ....... (I know that is probably worth less than a penny in U.S. dollars)

·
Registered
183 Posts
They must have been out of stock, or skipped on the Louisville one at the time ours was built, cause we do not recall having one. So, I cannot say if it would have remained. As for the misalinged and out of place Sirrius, that was gone as quick as I could peel it. Those visor warning labels are history also! No dealer stickers allowed on our vehicles and I don't recall this dealer even asking do so for years. As far as the dealer plate frame goes, once spring arrives, I'll try to find a fairly good quality chrome one that fits correct on two bolts, which is not easy to do at all lately, then it's history too!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Louisville Sticker

Just picked up my new MKC earlier this week. I live in Louiville, so a certain pride in purchasing a locally built vehicle. Still, would prefer the sticker inside the door jamb, not something on the windshield.

This is the 3rd vehicle that I have had ordered from the Louisville plant: A 1993 Ford Ranger (still going strong at 300K) and a 2006 Ford Explorer (my daily driver until the MKC). Have always been highly satisfied with the quality of production, and expect no less from the MKC.

The Sirius decal has to go. Will use the hair dryer approach to that one. No dealer badges either...that was a deal point.

Good discussion forum here, my first post. More to come, including pics.

·
Registered
183 Posts
desgnr:
Thanks for the link. I ordered Chrome for the Jeep and Black Matte for the MKC. The Chrome one had stamp scuffs all around outer folds. Also ruff/sharp edges all around in and out which I did remove with 220/400, good enough. The power coated B/M was finished very well and has my full recommendation! The tabs on both needed to be carefully tapped in ward somewhat to hold the plate tight. I will only use them the salt free half of the year!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I removed the stickers on the front side window before the windows were tinted, but left the Louisville sticker...proudly built in the USA.
I know we live in a global economy but having a car built in America with an American name plate is a plus for me. I'd like to know what percentage of MKC parts and materials are made in America.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I know we live in a global economy but having a car built in America with an American name plate is a plus for me. I'd like to know what percentage of MKC parts and materials are made in America.
There are usually white paper stickers on all new vehicles with country of orgin and the % of parts from each major country. I didn't pay attention to the MKC's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts