Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...while standing at a traffic light yesterday the low pressure air in tires symbol came out....as soon as I got home I checked all 4 tires and the all read 30 pounds each...my air meter is a good one so even thou the temps here in Nj had been in mid 20's these days,my question is how low do the tires pressure have to be?.....I thought it had be about 25 pound of pressure before the warning came up....MKC 2017 middle model I forgot the name ....appreciate opinions....should I increase pressure to 35 each tire ????

thank you guys

Ralph L...

·
Registered
733 Posts
In the winter I usually put 35 or 36 lbs in the tires to handle the very cold mornings and the inevitable pot holes in Chicago.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The placard on the driver's door in my 2015 recommends the tire pressure to be 35 so I'm assuming that is what the TPMS is expecting to be the norm. The manual states when the pressure in 1 or more tires drops significantly (does not specify what 'significant' is) then the warning light should come on. I keep my all seasons and winter tires at 35 pounds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
...yes..THAT is correct....I just checked the tires (all 4) this am as cold tires (stopped all night)....and the readings were 30 pounds, ( except for reat left tire that was about 26..fill them to 35 as per label on door frame, and when I finished with the rear left tire (Bingo!!) the symbol went off...
so as usual the sensor goes on when tire or tires go down to about 25 pounds....now to wait and see if it happens again and if it does, I must find a reliable tire place to find the reason for the loss of air...bad Christmas gift!!! ....lol.....thank you all...

·
Registered
210 Posts
PV=nRT. You always have to add air as the temperatures drop through the fall and winter. This was true before TPMS! There was always someone nearly driving around on the rims by mid-January.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts