Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2019 MKC. Came with replacement tires already on car with mileage of 3000 miles. I have continually had trouble with tire pressure going down one tire. Had it checked with no problem found. It drops about 5-9 lbs in a week. Now I have three tires doing this. It has sensors on the tires and alerts me of course but I'm airing tires up once a week to keep correct pressure. Any idea of why or is anyone else having this issue? By the way this is my 2nd MKC. 100,000 miles on a 2016 when I traded to 2019 last year. I love them....

·
Administrator
529 Posts
This should be a really easy find for anybody to do, what I do is just spray down the surfaces of your tire with soapy water, you’ll start seeing bubbles come wherever the air is leaking from, common spots would be of course any nail holes in the tread, the valve stem, and the seating area where the tire meets the rim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply. I have used soapy waterr spray on the valve stems already and the first tire they told me that they found no issues......I know its crazy... I didn't try on the seat of the tire but will do this. Thanks so much

·
Registered
236 Posts
I assume it's under warranty... walk in and make an appointment and get a loaner (and make an audio recording of your interaction with your cellphone) and keep dropping it off until they figure it out. (I personally would tell them to have a service tech drive it for the week.)
Possibilities 1a) rims not 'perfect' (warped) which results with --> 1b) poor beading create a slow leak (seating area). 2) stem leak 3) old fashion nail in tire with slow leak. (but highly unlikely for 3 tires to have a nail)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really didnt think of warranty but I will try that. Thanks! (Maybe that's why there was already replacement tires on it when I got it.......Oh the loaner issue has been a problem for me as closest Lincoln dealer is 75 miles from me....Ford dealer does take good care of me BUT have to fight to get a loaner...had to have seat heater replaced and finally got loaner after I threw a fit and waited two hours.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had the same problem and it was a nightmare with the slow leak. Took it to the dealer and they assumed the tire was not sealed on the rim so they did the water test, reinstalled it and sent me on my way. About ten days later the low pressure warning triggers. I then take it to local garage mechanic and he replaces the valve stem, seals it, checks for a bent rim and sends me on my way. About 10 days later the low pressure light goes on. I then order a tire air filler on Amazon that plugs into the cigarette lighter and fill the low tire weekly. Then comes time for a rotation and the dealer checks for leaks with no leak. 10 days later the light goes on. I then take it to another tire dealer and explain,either find the problem or replace the tire. So the guy says i will find the problem. After 30 minutes he comes out to me waiting with a sliver of metal not much thicker than a brad he found in the tire. He patched it and on my way i went. The total out of pocket was almost $100. for all the trips not including the $20. tip to the last guy. I was told the tire dealer uses some kind of metal scanner device that would pick up the small punctures of metal in the tire. Good luck MKCx2

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for reply. I have used soapy waterr spray on the valve stems already and the first tire they told me that they found no issues......I know its crazy... I didn't try on the seat of the tire but will do this. Thanks so much
I had a similar problem. Service advisor said "we put air in " I finally told the manager. He walked out to the shop and personally did the bath diagnostic. Crack in wall of tire. Bubbles. Case closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts