Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shouldn't even the lowest trim level of a Lincoln meet or exceed a Ford Escape?
I bought the equipment group 101-A (which cost $3,200.00) and I considered that to be a mid level option group...
Why is it an Escape has the electric rear hatch and I don't??

I don't get it....If they want to make a premium brand....Don't let your little sister beat you in ANY way!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a beef with the fact that the standard-still-supposed-to-be-premium sound system lacks Speed Dependent Volume correction. This has been on every vehicle cross many brands since 15 years ago.
Having to dial down at stop lights then later fiddle it back up is sooooooo 90's.

·
Registered
87 Posts
^^ really I could have sworn I saw speed dependent volume was in the non THX stereo. I'm at work so I can't go look but will tonite and post if I can find it. It's not an option I use. If it's too loud, you're too old. :eek :wink :devil :angel

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a beef with the fact that the standard-still-supposed-to-be-premium sound system lacks Speed Dependent Volume correction.
Speed dependent volume control is present in mine without THX. It's under MyLincoln Touch Settings, Sound, Speed Compensated Volume.

·
Registered
160 Posts
as Ryan indicated
this from the Owners Manual
Sound Settings allows you to adjust settings
for:
• Bass
• Midrange
• Treble
• Balance and Fade
• THX Deep Note Demo
• DSP (Digital Signal processing)
• Occupancy Mode
• Speed Compensated Volume.
Note: Your vehicle may not have all these
sound settings.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yep, Speed Volume has been around and most of those vehicles had a need for that. Today we have a noise cancelling Radio system, plus our MKC is very quite with no real road noise, even at 80, we do not use or feel a need for speed volume. I don't even use it on my Jeep.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Shouldn't even the lowest trim level of a Lincoln meet or exceed a Ford Escape?
I bought the equipment group 101-A (which cost $3,200.00) and I considered that to be a mid level option group...
Why is it an Escape has the electric rear hatch and I don't??

I don't get it....If they want to make a premium brand....Don't let your little sister beat you in ANY way!
The electric rear hatch is nice to have it, but sometimes it could be annoying as it is slower than a manual hatch. I could see some people might still prefer to have an option to stick with a manual hatch. :crying

·
Registered
183 Posts
The electric rear hatch is nice to have it, but sometimes it could be annoying as it is slower than a manual hatch. I could see some people might still prefer to have an option to stick with a manual hatch. :crying

You can still open or close any power hatch by hand if you prefer sometimes.

Reactions: Groucho

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ok, I went back to the Sound Settings and did not see Speed Compensated Volume again............
...then I noticed the scroll bar on the right margin. Sure enough, page 1 of sound has everything on it except the poor SCV setting that is BURIED down another page.

Now I am satisfied, especially because SCV is really only a matter of software.

Now, if we could get the Drive Control settings more handy.........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts