Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tires on my 2017 MKC need replaced. The local tire shop, which I trust completely, recommended either sticking with the Michelin, but he also said I "couldn't go wrong" with a Continental. The price difference is only about $140, so not much of a consideration.

I did some online research and found several articles recommending the Continental over the Michelin for several factors, most specifically tread design and more quiet.

What's everyone else's experiences or recommendations?
Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
2017 MKC Black label

At 37,448 on 03-11-2021 my wife had 4 of the following installed.

Pirelli
CINTURATO P7
AllSeason Plus II
245/45 R19 98V M+S

They are the quietest tires we have ever owned.
Bar none. (And I have been around quite a few years.)

In fact I was so impressed with these tires that I went back to the same Lincoln dealership and had them install 4 ...
Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus on my 2018 Honda CRV Touring. (The Cinturato's aren't available for smaller SVU's like my CR-V)

For the first time in years, we could actually carry on conversations in both the Lincoln and Honda without raising our voices.
And we could keep radio volume lower as well.

We have run these tires through a couple of Wisconsin winters now and found them to be good in both ice and snow.

Consumer Reports rates them pretty highly.

I recommend you consider the CINTURATO P7's when looking at tires for your Lincoln.

Good luck to you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Last summer, I did a lot of tire research and settled on a set of Continental CrossContact LX25 tires to replace the factory-supplied Michelin tires on my wife's 2017 MKC Reserve. No regrets whatsoever.

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I bought my 2015 it had 39k on the clock and the stock michelin tires it came with were cupping badly and were incredibly noisy. I would never put another set of those on this car if they didn't even make it to 40k. They are far too expensive for that kind of value proposition.

I live in an area that sees snow during the winter months so I put Nokian WGR4s on my unit. They are by far the best performing and quietest tire I've ever owned. I expect to get 60k out of them and the local tire shop I used takes care of repairs and balancing so I am covered for as long as I own these. Highly recommend Nokians - I put nothing else on our vehicles.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome to me make it more confusing/conflicting. (Side note I have 20" tires) I hate continentals with a passion. I would hydroplane even when they were new. (Disclaimer those were on my car and not SUV) I have Pirelli Cinturato P7 on my MKC and they were great new and with about 30k miles on them they are noisy now. Michelins are known to be the best but others on this site had different experiences. Often cupping of tire is because of suspension.
On my car I love my General Altimax RT34 (they replace continentals) no more hydroplanning.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I asked the nearby Lincoln dealer near me why Michelin tires are more expensive thean some higher rated Continental brand. He said, " you are paying for the marshmellow man advertising", Try doing research on the Tire Rack and you will be surprised by the info. Vredestrein tires from the Netherlands has some great ratings you might want to check out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The tires on my 2017 MKC need replaced. The local tire shop, which I trust completely, recommended either sticking with the Michelin, but he also said I "couldn't go wrong" with a Continental. The price difference is only about $140, so not much of a consideration.

I did some online research and found several articles recommending the Continental over the Michelin for several factors, most specifically tread design and more quiet.

Thanks
I have a 2019 MKC and just put on Yokohama Avid Ascend GT's per my Lincoln dealer recommendation. These tires replace the factory Michelins which were loud. The Yokohamas are exceptional tires, quiet and great stability!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 17 MKC had the OEM Mich when I got it at 19k miles. I was unimpressed with the snow traction, as this car spends a LOT of its time in the Colorado Rockies. I went with the Continental "Pure Contact LS", and I'm very glad I did. The snow and wet traction were both greatly improved.

I also own a Subaru Outback (full-time 4 wheel drive), which is well known in the mountains for getting around very well on snow. After installing the Continentals, my MKC is just about as capable as my Outback...other than missing a couple of inches of clearance.

If you know anything about Boulder County, there's a mountain road there called Magnolia Drive. It has 17 degree slopes, and hairpin turns. I drove it when covered with snow and ice in my MKC with the Continentals. Never would have made it with the Michelin's. I'd been off in a ditch.

Handling is good with both. I can't really tell much of any difference in road noise between the two. At very slow speeds (like 20 MPH) I may hear a slight amount of tread noise from the Continentals that might not have been there with the Mich, but the difference is VERY slight. At normal driving speeds, other sounds cover that up completely.

I have 56k on the MKC now (36k on the Continentals), and they still look and drive like new.

Dave O.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thanks
2015 MKC - purchased 9/2017. Replaced the Latitudes with Continental Pure Contact LS in early 2019. So much quieter. Good handling in MN winters. My brother is service mgr at Ford dealership in NE and steer me in that direction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts