Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last Motorcraft battery lasted 2 years and 2 months. Also the deaker suggested a tranny flush for nearly $300., brake line flush, and a radiator flush which is due according to the manual. Is the tranny flush and brake line flush overkill?

·
Registered
299 Posts
With a tranny flush you increase the chances of debris getting stuck in the valve body. That would be a pass from me. I would say call a ATRA member shop for a price for a fluid drain (and assume filter replaced).
Brake line flushes only flush your wallet. If you are past 100k miles ask them how much to bleed out the old fluid with new fluid. If you get another brake job before 100k.. ask the technician to bleed out the old fluid (and add new fluid) when they do the brake job. I assume it won't be too much. Radiator flush won't do much more than a simple drain and refill. I am not sure how long the anti freeze is suppose to last.

·
Registered
65 Posts
As Buckeye said I believe the approved service procedure amounts to a drain and fill. I've had this procedure done on my 15 twice and use red line fluids exclusively.

The schedule for replacement of the coolant is 100k miles. Fluid is cheap is the attitude I usually take, but in the case of the coolant - unless you've noted a problem I'd skip it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ever put yours on a battery minder when not in use ? I got 11 years outta my truck battery. The pre-owned MKC is just a week old to us as owners.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts