Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my MKC is in transit!! They said I should receive it 10 business days or less.

Has anyone received theirs yet? How long did it take once shipped? They said it all depends on the driver and the route they take. You think they would have a better way to track this!

Did anyone get emails throughout their production? I did not. I was told I would, but I had to follow up mostly. Michelle from the Facebook team emailed me to say it was out of production.

They did send me Lincoln swag (hat, pen, mug, keychain) and Brazilian coffee and a Swell travel mug.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hello, my MKC is in transit!! They said I should receive it 10 business days or less.

Has anyone received theirs yet? How long did it take once shipped? They said it all depends on the driver and the route they take. You think they would have a better way to track this!

Did anyone get emails throughout their production? I did not. I was told I would, but I had to follow up mostly. Michelle from the Facebook team emailed me to say it was out of production.

They did send me Lincoln swag (hat, pen, mug, keychain) and Brazilian coffee and a Swell travel mug.
Where are you located? Does your window sticker say "rail" or "convoy" at the bottom under "method of transp"???

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New Jersey. Rail. They are build in KY right?

·
Registered
266 Posts
New Jersey. Rail. They are build in KY right?
Yes, built in Louisville, KY...adjacent to the airport there, just south thereof. If yours is in transit, the dealer should have a tracking status that indicates the railcar number...usually 4 letters and 6 numbers. Once you get that you can track it via CSX's automated railcar tracking phone number...1-800-235-2352. Follow the prompts. After it is unloaded in NJ, a transporter will carry it to your dealer.

FYI...I'm in the Dallas area and it takes the train 8 days to get here, after it gets going. Then 24 hours to unload, then 24-48 hours to get it transported to the dealer 20 miles from the railhead.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have either of you received the rail car number your MKC is transiting on and if so, what type of information do you get from CSX?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good there's now a better estimate of time. . I got majorly ticked & close to canceling being told it would be there "any day now" & it wasn't for 2wks even after "on the rails". Had no idea how long transit took & neither did the dealership. Such a relief when it, finally, arrived &, totally, worth it!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Have either of you received the rail car number your MKC is transiting on and if so, what type of information do you get from CSX?
CSX is the originating railroad at the Louisville assembly plant. Their automated tracking number is 1-800-235-2352. All you need is the railcar number, which is 4 letters and 6 numbers. Does not provide an ETA, but gives you step-by-step progress as the railcar moves, captured by some sort of "barcode" reading method. Some days nothing updates because it may be at an interchange point, waiting to hook up with another/connecting train.

Ask the dealer to give you a "track a vehicle" status from their "vehicle visibility" system. System also gives an estimated ETA range.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
266 Posts
CSX is the originating railroad at the Louisville assembly plant. Their automated tracking number is 1-800-235-2352. All you need is the railcar number, which is 4 letters and 6 numbers. Does not provide an ETA, but gives you step-by-step progress as the railcar moves, captured by some sort of "barcode" reading method. Some days nothing updates because it may be at an interchange point, waiting to hook up with another/connecting train.

Ask the dealer to give you a "track a vehicle" status from their "vehicle visibility" system. System also gives an estimated ETA range.

Hope this helps...
FYI, at my dealer, only the Sales Director can access this system...he hasn't shared the password with his sales staff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks TXTom. I believe I read somewhere in one of your posts that your build date was 7/18, the same as mine. If yours is in transit by rail I am wondering why mine is sitting there because of a shortage of rail cars. That info is from my dealer. The folks at lincoln don't have that same info. I have had three different stories from them. The first was that it would arrive on 8/4. The second was that it was undergoing routine maintenance. Third was waiting to be shipped. I was told I would get another update on Friday. I have been researching Audi's but would cost a whole lot more to get the same tech. Hope I will get some good news soon.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks TXTom. I believe I read somewhere in one of your posts that your build date was 7/18, the same as mine. If yours is in transit by rail I am wondering why mine is sitting there because of a shortage of rail cars. That info is from my dealer. The folks at lincoln don't have that same info. I have had three different stories from them. The first was that it would arrive on 8/4. The second was that it was undergoing routine maintenance. Third was waiting to be shipped. I was told I would get another update on Friday. I have been researching Audi's but would cost a whole lot more to get the same tech. Hope I will get some good news soon.
My dealer made a color change at an early stage, but before production, but to do it he had to get Lincoln in Dearborn involved. He told me that during the process he was able to get the car priority from the normal pre-order priority of 10 to 01. Maybe that helped it move. I know for 2 weeks the cars were on "plant hold" for some undisclosed reason, mine was held up 1 week (has the same build date as yours). Mine shipped last Thursday (7/31) and is now half way to TX, in Kansas City. My window sticker has my name on it and it says "special order" since it was a pre-order...FYI. I'm not certain there is a railcar shortage...I think the plant shipping is swamped, with the high demand for the Escape, and the hold on the MKC, now they're trying to catch up, or Lincoln is trying to control inventories(?). My dealer has 8 cars built awaiting shipment. Some were built on 7/11, some after 7/18.

·
Registered
90 Posts
For what it's worth, my vehicle was produced on 7/22/14. The Lincoln concierge back on 7/25 sent me a note saying my MKC would be delivered "early August". Last week, my dealer thought it might show up this past weekend; however, I received the following email from the Lincoln concierge today:

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing well! Your MKC is awaiting shipment at the plant. We are completing numerous quality assurance checks on these vehicles to ensure our clients are receiving them in perfect condition. I will keep you updated with any changes.

So the wait continues.

TxTom -- hope your vehicle shows up soon!

·
Registered
26 Posts
There was an issue with "glass" that stopped shipments. Not 100% sure, but the indication was the issue is temperature related. I can only guess, but it may be windshields breaking or popping out in the extreme heat down south this year. Again, I have no facts to back that up; just passing on impressions and minimal information a sales guy told me. He said it exemplifies Lincolns commitment to shipping "perfect" vehicles. I'm not convinced, though, reading some of the other items found on this and other sites already. Guess the JD Power survey results will eventually tell the tale.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is what I was told today:

Hi Michael,

No updates yet today. I will check again before I leave tonight. Barring any issues, I think we are looking at about a week and a half plus a few days for dealer inspection. I'm pretty excited; hope you are too!

~Michelle

I flipped out stating I am not waiting a few days for the dealer to inspect the car. That was supposed to be done at the plant. I stated I would cancel the car, buy from another brand (ending my 18 year relationship with Ford) rather than have my car sitting for days on the dealer's lot. She apologized stating they only want to wash the car and I can take delivery the same day. I was so annoyed! My car was in PA in Sunday. I was hoping to get it this week, but nothing so far.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Interesting information I received Monday July 28th. E-mail from Lincoln said my mkc would be at dealership on the 8th of Aug. Dealer sent me e-mail on July 29th and said car would be there on Aug15th.. Gee, I wonder what their going to do with MY mkc for those 7 days, use it as a demo ????????????? I get a e-mail today Aug 5th and the concierge says my car is in Az. That puts it 120 miles away.

·
Registered
266 Posts
There was an issue with "glass" that stopped shipments. Not 100% sure, but the indication was the issue is temperature related. I can only guess, but it may be windshields breaking or popping out in the extreme heat down south this year. Again, I have no facts to back that up; just passing on impressions and minimal information a sales guy told me. He said it exemplifies Lincolns commitment to shipping "perfect" vehicles. I'm not convinced, though, reading some of the other items found on this and other sites already. Guess the JD Power survey results will eventually tell the tale.
I heard the windshield issue which stopped things about 6 weeks ago was related to "distortion" per my sales guy. All of his cars were held at the plant or the local railhead, and inspected there. None of his inventory had an issue nor needed to be fixed. Held things up about 9 days back then. Then another hold a couple weeks ago...no quality explanation given.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Last time I talked to my dealer (yesterday morning), I was told that my car should be there 8/13, which was also confirmed by the concierge.

Then my dealer called me back yesterday afternoon and left a message that I could pick up my MKC today! :eek:
Yes, I was shocked!

Well, a few more hours left before opening, and I'll be at the dealer's door...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts