Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had the engine replaced and trans rebuilt (mostly) due to issues. Engine was for the leaking headgasket and trans was for harsh shift from 1st to 3rd. Its a 2019 mkc with 46k miles.

Got the truck back today and runs perfect, at least the engine does. Shifting from 1st to 2nd is brutal. I would say that 75% of the time, when it shifts, its like if you were to slip on ice then immediately gain traction. Dealer said that its just the computer relearning and should go away with time. They said its in "learning mode" and thats why its slams so hard. I called another dealer and they said its possible. Its so damn brutal I dont even want to drive it. I am also worrying about what other damage its doing to the axels and transfer case etc. Whats your opinions?

Administrator
That doesn't seem to be normal to me, I've cleared out the shift adaptations before and allowed the transmission to relearn, it definitely shifts harder but I wouldn't even say it shifts much harder than just putting it in sport mode. Nothing like what you're describing. Personally, I wouldn't think you have to worry about hurting the CV axles or any of the drive units but boy that can't be good on that transmission.

Registered
stop by the dealership and get the idiot which says it needs to learn ...and drive them around and experience the shifting.
If I was you I would figure out what driving style causes the biggest jerk and drive that style.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts