Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even with the pending mid-cycle refresh coming (I hear mid-spring next year for the 2019 model) MKC sales continue to be robust:

Month & YTD Vs Previous period

2,114 Vs 1,196 22,597 Vs 20,702

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks for the update. When no release was made in August I bet they realized it was time for more than a new grill. 8 speed tranny and power bump back up to the 2.3 motors proper 305 -325 HP will keep it in contention with its competition. I'd love to see a GT/sport variant with the 3.0liter MKZ motor stuffed in there to keep the Macan fans honest, let alone the 3.0T Q5 folks etc. That would have me seriously interested in another one. They already have the majority of the go fast goodies readily availble. Just firm up suspension 15-20% and slap on some Mustang Brembos and Voila!!!!!! It is already is a WINNER in the looks department

Reactions: 5.0 Candy REDCS

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suspect it is front grill and taillights changes combined with some interior refinements... I think my salesman said the announcement will come out at the Detroit Auto Show in January. We may get lucky and get an 8-speed transmission. This article may shed some light on that subject:

Ford to build an 8-speed transmission in Michigan

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sounds likely and with the tranny being able to handle more Tq they can , at least bring HP back up to 305 as in the Mustang base motor. Then we can tune them without fear of frying a tranny, towing capacity increases...ALL GOOD!

Reactions: 5.0 Candy REDCS

·
Registered
881 Posts
Agreed....but I usually count my chickens when they're hatched :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts