Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the MKC debuts it will be the only American Luxury C-segment crossover. Now It might be a stretch to expect the MKC to compete with the Teutonic Trio of Mercedes, Audi and BMW, but the newest Detroit rival is going to have MKC straight in its cross hairs...

Meet the Buick Anthem/Envision.

Engine options remain up in the air, but likely candidates include a 2.5L 4 with 196 bhp and a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder that develops 259 bhp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

If MKC is expected to clock in at $33K base, you have to expect the Buick is going to be in a similar range. I view the Buick to be the biggest threat to the success of the MKC. The Germans command a premium over the MKC and i feel if you can afford a German you are not going to be buying American. But if the Anthem/Envision gathers a similar type following as the Encore it could skim quite a few sales from Lincoln....

·
Registered
524 Posts
i actually have some faith in this being an Audi and Mercedes rival, still tough to say that but it sure is looking to be better than the MKZ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts