Lincoln MKC Forum banner

MKC Transmission Issue

8K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Rosicler 
#1 ·
Transmission started shifting a bit erratically. Received recall for trans/torque converter reprogram appros two weeks later. Reprogram done. Now shifts very abrubtly on up and downshifts. Off warranty four weeks ago. Dealer has no trans tech due to Covid. Told to wait 2-3 weeks before they can look at it. No Lincoln loaner available. Renting car while I wait. Not impressed.

#2 ·
Don't worry part of your reprogramming extends the warranty on the transmission for 12 months after reprogramming

Reactions: TxTom
#3 ·
Tks for the response. My factory trans warranty expired Oct 14/20. Took it in for programming Nov 17/20 so will see if covered. They have suggested that the shifting issues started before the programming, but after the warranty expiration, that it may not be covered despite the programming exacerbating the problem. Will update as we go.

#5 ·

This is the post I got my info from

#6 ·
Well, I can tell you that your shifting issues have nothing to do with the recall. We had issues with our transmission shifting and we took it in under warranty. They had it for about 5 days and took the transmission apart and replace some clutches and stuff. The technician wasn't satisfied and took it apart again and replaced more stuff. If fixed most of the issues. However, it still has that "Slipping" feeling between 2nd and 3rd. Still, take it in and get it looked at. Hopefully they will cover it.

#7 ·
I feel your pain especially shortly after the warranty ends. The tranny on my 2016 gives a kick when traveling from a level surface and going down a 15 degree parking ramp. Never have i had a vehicle do that. I have about 15 more months on this Lincoln and then we are getting a divorce. Frankely the car is overprice and parts are outragious, then add the depreciation factor and you get hammered. Consumer Reports stated Lincoln came in last or close to it as a brand in quality.

#8 ·
Finally got my MKC back. Seems to reprogram exacerbated problems in the transmission itself. Required transmission rebuild (clutches, solenoids etc) and the total bill came to about $3500. My warranty expired Oct/20 but I must count myself lucky as Lincoln paid for 70% and the dealer covered the other 30%. While Im not happy the car couldn't make 54k miles I have to say Im pleased Lincon/Dealer stepped up and helped my out.

#9 ·
Man that is amazing. I am glad they took good care of you. I hope this reprogramming fixes the problem. I love the car but transmission issues every 50k miles will get old quick!

#12 ·
Hi!, I was just reading all this posts again, shame on me I didn’t search and read them before buying a 2017 reserve mkc with 24k miles, with all the services applied at the dealer. I also experienced transmission noises (clunking) and abruptly shifting that didn’t disappear with reprogramming, my warranty was about to expire on the last days of February and Lincoln argued everything was fine, I didn’t have enough patience to keep dealing with them, and I ended up selling it a few weeks ago, I didn’t want to wait until I have to rebuild or get a new transmission, it was a good looking suv, sadly it was a bitter experience with my first and last Lincoln product, far away from ‘quiet luxury’.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.