Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cross town rivals. Cadillac may not see Lincoln as a direct competitor but I think the MKC has something to say about that. MKC Base MSRP is $33K while you ned an extra 4K to hop into an entry level SRX.

Do i even need to say anything about the styling?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Lincoln wins hands down on design in this battle I think. The front end of the Cadillac looks terrible, and the back end isn't great either. The Cadillac looks good from the side except for the front end, so really it doesn't.

Feels nice to say good things about Lincoln and see it winning some battles against Cadillac.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the whole hard edge art and science design language is getting VERY dated as the rest of the industry seems to be embracing sculpted lines again...

I think the Lincoln will out punch the caddy as well with its 275hp turbo 2.3 sourced from the mustang of all places ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
rawr.

I think that Cadillac design language just doesn't lend itself well to SUV/CUV type vehicles. The angular and pointed lights just don't work when the body of the vehicle is that big. The back end of the MKC with its coll metal molding technique thing is awesome too.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not same catagory. MKX/SRX yes. Caddy has no direct competitor to MKC. Big flaw on GM's part to be missing this hot segment of the industry. The small Buicks are in same class.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I actually came to Lincoln via the SRX. I was shopping for a used SRX after cashing out on my 3500 mile 4Runner. I wasn't using the 4Runner much so I sold it and began looking at the SRX. Well it didn't take long to discover two huge issues with the SRX that GM isd not coming to bat with.

1. The headlamps fill with water destroying the low beam lamps. This is a $2500 fix for both lamps and they are replaced with the same ones!!

2. The CUE screen cracks in the heat spider webbing...The replacement is $1500 plus labor.

So while looking at an SRX at the Lincon dealer I started talking lease and made my deal with no down and $399 a month.
I don't know if it's a good deal or bad. It's the deal I wanted.

Another thing I like about the Lincoln is it is not in your face luxury like the Caddys, Benz, BMWs. It doesn't scream "I have money" The Cadillac LOOKS like a Cadillac and their design can look old as the brand ages. The Lincoln does not look old.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts