Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincoln is officially launching the brand in China, which should put an end to any speculation that Ford is planning to mothball the brand (at least for now). The Concept said to preview the MKX will debut at the Beijing show tomorrow, Easter Sunday.

So far they've released a video and one photo showing off the LED's. Let's see if Lincoln is serious about taking some of Buick's market share. So far the signs are encouraging. There's also a link to the gallery of a mock dealership, which look beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMipL2x2hZ8

https://www.autoblog.com/photos/lincoln-dealer-in-china/#photo-2545897/

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
MKX Concept

Nice looking rig. I especially like the rear view. I still prefer the proportions of the MKC, and if shopping in this size class I would probably lean toward the new Edge or Murano. But I do like where Lincoln is going. Like the MKC, the production model will probably be pretty close to the concept. I will be envious if this gets the new Nano EcoBoost V6, although honestly I'll be surprised if it doesn't.

The LINK in case the pictures still aren't working for everybody.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think this concept is looking really good. I like what Lincoln has done with both the head and taillights of the MKX concept. It was genius to put the headlights into the grille. It integrates so well with the grille now. It looks very sleek, and the view from the top looking at the roof is really cool too.

·
Registered
524 Posts
MKX looks great to me, i love it. Seems like with every new vehicle Lincoln shows they improve on their design. I don't see much toning down needed from what were seeing. Already starting to imagine the production model

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MKX looks great to me, i love it. Seems like with every new vehicle Lincoln shows they improve on their design. I don't see much toning down needed from what were seeing. Already starting to imagine the production model
The addition of door handles and realistic mirrors seem to be the most obvious candidates for revision. The exhaust finishers will probably be altered, but I hope they don't go to round tips like they did on the MKC. Even the 21" wheels are realistic with acceptable sidewall for production. I am interested to see if they leave the grille design as-is. I would like to see body color fender flares as opposed to the black ones shown, but that's a personal preference and I don't expect it to change.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm not particularly joy jumping at the MKX. It looks fine, I suppose, I still see too much of the outgoing in the rework. Not to mention those tail lamps. Definitely not my tea in that cup.

I am confused however that Lincoln showed the MKX sans interior to a market overwhelmingly obsessed with interior class. Not to mention the massive size of the MKX. I personally think the MKC will do much better in China than MKX, but I think the motivator for the the MKX Chinese launch was more pandering than anything.

Flatter the Chinese with a big global launch with the hope that you scratch my back, I'l scratch yours...

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm not particularly joy jumping at the MKX. It looks fine, I suppose, I still see too much of the outgoing in the rework. Not to mention those tail lamps. Definitely not my tea in that cup.

I am confused however that Lincoln showed the MKX sans interior to a market overwhelmingly obsessed with interior class. Not to mention the massive size of the MKX. I personally think the MKC will do much better in China than MKX, but I think the motivator for the the MKX Chinese launch was more pandering than anything.

Flatter the Chinese with a big global launch with the hope that you scratch my back, I'l scratch yours...
I guess they see a growing demand for an even larger SUV for that market and other markets in that part of the world.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
has it been released now? one of the chinese auto shows just passed correct?
Not yet. This is just the Concept. The official release of the production version has not been announced. We'll probably see it released here about the same time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here are the concept pictures again since they didn't post up properly the first time.
I take that to mean you can't see the photos I linked? Odd because I can. It must have something to do with my recently updated Maverick OS, Firefox, or a combination of the two. It only seems to be a problem here and one other forum. :mad:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I take that to mean you can't see the photos I linked? Odd because I can. It must have something to do with my recently updated Maverick OS, Firefox, or a combination of the two. It only seems to be a problem here and one other forum. :mad:
yea happens on my end too sometimes, its usually just cache issues that have you seeing them and us not. No big really :D

As an aside reconsidering the pictures this morning I'm getting into the new face...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts