Check tire pressures,
Arrange sevice pickup,
Keep records,

and
Use the WiFi hotspot ...

all from my Mobile phone:cool::)

anyone else using this feature?

Jim
Some features are are useful than others. I have a MKC and MKZ so it is great to have both cars info in one place.

I've never set up the auto-start since I am in a warm weather climate and my cars are garaged in a semi-heated/cooled garage. I have used the remote start on very hot days to get the car cooled off - mostly while waiting in the check-out line at a store! Or from my desk when I am almost ready to leave work.

I do like being able to check the fuel level so I can maybe decide which car to take or if I have to buy gas first. The recent addition of the fuel prices option is nice - but only as good as the data that people provide. I like the way the map works and you can expand/shrink it with your fingers - and then being able to change to a list view easily.

Probably the best feature is one I hope you never have to use. The emergency feature. It was quite nice to have it easily available the one time I needed it 4 or 5 years ago! No fumbling around looking for phone numbers, just hit a button and connect.

I've tried to schedule the pick-up and delivery for maintenance a couple times. The dealer has since asked me to call/email them directly. The app seems to schedule things even if the dealer doesn't have an appropriate loaner car available. It may just be they aren't checking the requests or something, but two times my scheduled appointment has come up and they call saying they didn't know and they don't have a loaner car available.

There was just a message in the app that said it was being redesigned soon, so can't wait to see what the future brings!

Hope you enjoy your Lincoln as much as I enjoy mine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been womndering why this forum is so dead.....

:confused:

Jim

·
Registered
153 Posts
Been womndering why this forum is so dead.....

:confused:

Jim

I noticed that too. I came from a Escape forum that was very active. Two reasons that I can think of are:

1. Not a huge amount of MKC's on the road yet.

2. I don't think many MKC owners are Do-It-Yourselfers or have a desire to mod their vehicles. Those
two areas make up a huge portion of the Escape forum posts.

Reactions: symetry

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have had this 2016 for about 3 weeks, I just set this app up. It appears that the original owner may still have authorization to my car. I hit the button for someone to grant me authorization. Do you know if that will come from Lincoln or will they ask the previous owner. I see directions for a master reset but that appears to wipe out all the programming I have done to Sync 3 and I don't want that.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I noticed that too. I came from a Escape forum that was very active. Two reasons that I can think of are:

1. Not a huge amount of MKC's on the road yet.

2. I don't think many MKC owners are Do-It-Yourselfers or have a desire to mod their vehicles. Those
two areas make up a huge portion of the Escape forum posts.
I hang around the Cumminsforum,( yeah, I'm a Cummins Ram nut) and its always buzzin...

I just love my MKC more everyday.

Just joined to see what others thought , and were doing to theirs.

But I feel odd that I am posting and not getting much response.
Sometimes 2 days before anyone replies.

I see 100s of views , but no talking.

I seem to learn something new about my MKC everyday.
Like.....the manual doesn't say anything(that I could find) about Easy entry/exit... I stumbled on it while playing around.
I love the adaptive cruise, and collision avoidance.
Parking assist....just cool stuff.

Sorry, I can't help with the Re Registering the Lincoln way App in a used vehicle...probably need to contact the dealer.

Jim

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have a 2015 and the Easy/Exit feature is explained under the Seats description and function explanations on page 146.

Reactions: symetry
1 - 8 of 8 Posts