Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

After much shopping around and research I've finally settled on a 2018 FWD 2.0 Black Label finished in the striking (and unique) Chroma Flame Red exterior paint and Modern Heritage interior theme with just over 30K miles from Findlay Lincoln in Las Vegas. It was for sale for 60 days and got it after they gradually reduced the price by $5K over that time. Mine's equipped with the Technology and Climate package. I'm a little bummed it doesn't have the THX audio package but the stock audio sounds pretty good and I don't know if the THX would be significantly better. I've barely owned it for 24 hours but love it so far and haven't experienced any issues after driving 2+ hours home at night.

Being built in February 2018 it's going on 4 years old but I have yet to hear a single squeak or rattle; the build quality is superb. Our 2019 Hyundai Tucson, 2018 F-150 Lariat and 2014 Chevy Equinox have some squeaks and rattles but this MKC has zero so far. Everything about it is smooth as silk, especially the transmission. I can't feel the shifts because they're so seamless. It's also very quiet despite most of the roof being glass. Before buying it I test drove a 2019 Reserve AWD a few days before and I heard strange noises in the back, like a rattling. It only had 15K miles.

I didn't buy mine solely because it was a Black Label but I love the little touches they have that other MKC's don't such as the Lincoln emblem embroidered in the headrests and the Alcantara headliner for the roof and other areas like the A and B-pillars. I already have almost 2 years of experience with Ford vehicles but it took me most of today going through the manual. It has many, many more features our F-150 doesn't have.

This one is a former lease vehicle so its CarFax report has lots of service records for oil changes and other things, so it seems to be well maintained mechanically. Its next oil change will be 5K miles from now and I'll also have the transmission fluid changed since I've read several reports of problems starting at around 50K miles, both on this forum and online prior to purchasing. I asked a Ford technician who's a popular YouTuber and he emphasized the importance of regular fluid changes for the 6F35. I'm glad I have the 6-year 100K-mile certified pre-owned warranty; I hope I never need to use it. After getting home I did notice the oil smells like gas but that's typical with direct-injected engines. The Tucson, F-150, and Equinox smell like gas. I could be wrong but the level also looked to be above the full mark. I think the rest of the vehicles we have have some fuel dilution so I'm not surprised the MKC does.

Also: my interest in the MKC first stemmed from my aunt who has owned 2 since 2015; a 2015 Silver Sand and most recently a fully loaded Iced Mocha 2019. Her and my uncle have loved them. And one of my favorite features is the interior ambient lighting and HID headlights. It makes driving at night so much easier.
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Automotive design Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Head restraint

Attachments

Reactions: Jonzim and copbait

·
Registered
2019 Mark C Reserve
58 Posts
Congratulations ! We have a 2019 MKC Reserve bought in June 2020 which now has 53,000 kilometres on it.
It's a fabulous car all right, everything we expected and far more. The sunroof glass is a laminated panel like the windshield, better soundproofing and it won't shatter like many tempered glass sunroofs do. The color choices for the ambient lighting are great, I also love the adaptive cruise control and selectable ride and performance settings. We've had no issues at all so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would have bought theblack label had I had the option. I wasn'tt looking to buy a car at all but my wife and daughter were driving across the country and broke down in a small town in Colorado. I didn't want to buy a used car so far from home but the dealer had a nice 2018 mkc reserve AWD with 18,000 miles and 2 years of warranty left. We love the car but sometimes the car runs very quiet then other times it is quite loud. Different road conditions I'm sure will affect how loud it runs down the road butI'm still surprised at how loud it is at times. Any one else noticed this issue?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any one else noticed this issue?
It's the road. Differences in interior sound vary in all my vehicles depending on how the road is. Someone on Quora says: "Asphalt pavement also has noisy and not so noisy types. It appears that the asphalt pavement with a little bit of gap between the aggregate tends to absorb the noise. Also, the more “rubbery” the asphalt, the less noisy it is."

Reactions: copbait
1 - 4 of 4 Posts