Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new to this forum and to having all the technology in the car. I went from a 2004 ford explorer limited, (which when I bought it I thought it was cream of the crop!) to a 2016 mkc reserve 2.3. I wanted to update my navigation maps and sync 3. First I updated the sync 3 from 1.0 build 15139 to 3.0 build 19205. After this up date the navigation would not load, just kept going in a circle, so I then updated the maps which I purchased from the website. Now I get navigation fault navigation is not functioning properly and the app only show my car in the garage but there are no options to lock and unlock the doors or start the car. The gas, oil, mileage, and where the car is, is also gone. I just wondered if this has happened to anyone else after updating. I did make an appointment with the dealership but am not good at waiting for answers so I thought I would ask if anyone else ran into this issue and if so what was the outcome? Other than these issues I really like the car. I wanted to down size since my kids are grown now and it's usually just me and my little yorkie Sophie traveling these days! Thank you in advance to anyone who has any input on what they think may have happened.:)

I've heard of a lot of people having problems with the updates, I never did. Try a master reset in the settings menu. That fixes a lot of software Gremlins

Registered
Whenever you do a major update, at least for me, my app requires me to activate it again by sending a signal to my car and ask me to allow it. FWIW, I had to log out of app, force close it, and open it back up and log in to get all of the functionalities back. Hope that works for you.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Logging in and out of the app brought back my remote start and lock and unlock in the app! Thank you for that information. I'm still having trouble with the navigation fault though. I'm going into the dealership to find out what the issue is with the maps update. I will let you all know what I find out incase anyone is interested or having the same issue.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone who is interested or had the same problem, it turned out to be the APIM. $963 later everything seems to be working again. It's so weird that it worked find until I did the update, but what can you do? It is what it is I guess!

Anyone who is interested or had the same problem, it turned out to be the APIM. $963 later everything seems to be working again. It's so weird that it worked find until I did the update, but what can you do? It is what it is I guess!
Yuck. Sorry but I am glad to found an answer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts