Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to leave for a mini Vacation to Canada. Tried to input addresses for my destinations, and my navigation would not recognize any of the addresses. Do you have to cross the border to input Canadian addresses?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have been able to use the navigation on both sides of the border. However, I don't think it contains addresses newer than 2014 or 2015. The Costco in our city was opened in July 2014 and its address is not recognized.

I generally use Android Auto when taking trips in unfamiliar locations - at least it is up to date and provides current traffic information. I have tried Waze but am not proficient with it.

What part of Canada are you heading to?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have used the navigation for travel in both Canada and the USA and I have entered destinations for the other country with no issue. The maps are not up to date. l did get a map update in April 2017 but I don't know if there is a newer version available.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same problem

I'm back again. This time I'm going up to Kingston, Ontario for a weekend. I can input the city of Kingston into my GPS, and get directions. If I try to input a specific address, it doesn't recognize it. The GPS works great for trip in the USA, but not Canada. I have Sync3 v3.0. Any new feedback or ideas for this problem?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Does the GPS recognize the street name but not the street number? Is the address relatively new...say last couple of years? The maps are not up to date.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I generally use Android Auto when taking trips in unfamiliar locations - at least it is up to date and provides current traffic information. I have tried Waze but am not proficient with it.
+1
I love waze on android Auto. I turn the sound off and just use the color changing block to alert me of a hazard or police ahead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts