Lincoln MKC Forum banner

16 RES w/ 20 month Powertrain vs 17 BL w/ No warranty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

New to the forum and was hoping that I could get some expert help deciding between two MKCs. Both have all the of the features I am interested in, so the main difference I know of is the interior quality on the BL. Was there any big quality changes (powertrain, etc.) between these years where I'd be better off going with the 16 or 17? Want to avoid a problem MY if possible.

The other big draw is that the 16 took two years to sell so it still has 20 month original powertrain versus the 17 which is now out of warranty due to miles.

Appreciate all feedback!

·
Registered
292 Posts
factory warranty is 4/48. certified is 6/100 from in service date.

what is the 20 month with? = Certified?

which engine? what package? I always lean to warranty

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 16 Res was not sold into service until March 18, so it still has some juice on the 60 month powertrain with more miles than I would drive. My head is saying the one with 1.6 years of warranty with some tranny issues I'm reading on this site versus my heart wants that Black Label interior. Also sketchy on BL is that it was a fleet vehicle for just 3 months but they put on 35K!! miles in that time.

·
Administrator
686 Posts
Interior quality would be the same, just different color combinations but select and higher come with the high grade Bridge of Weir leather. I believe between 16 and 17 the only options were the later would come with an auto hold feature for the transmission and I believe the sync3 system comes with the Apple CarPlay USB hub. If I remember anything else I’ll let you know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Black label definitely has a different interior, including better leather on the seats and dash as well as Alcantara artificial suede on the pillars and headliner. Was the transition between 16 & 17 trannys improved?

·
Administrator
686 Posts
Oh yes you’re right they did have that suede insert didn’t they. No, no tranny improvements between 16 and 17, there are some tranny issues but primarily the tranny issues are with the 2.3 L. Coolant leaks are the weak point for the 2.0 L.

• Helpful
Reactions: Jonzim
1 - 7 of 7 Posts