Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 MKC need's new tires at 35,000 miles.
I have Michelin Latitude Tour HP 18" on it now.
My dealer want's $994.00 for new Michelins.
He can sell me Pirelli's for $800.00
I hear from tire dealers that the Pirelli's are Noiserer,but not how much more noise.
I only want to keep the MKC for 2 more years.
Can anyone help me make a decision ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would never buy tires from a dealer. I have bought my last few sets from Discount Tire and they have been great to work with and have very fair prices.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tires are tires if they have the same UPC number. You will be amazed at the tires you can order from Sam’s Club and Walmart. Their costs on line will compete with tire rack. Add to that that if you travel a lot there are Walmarts everywhere and Sam’s in most major cities. My MKC replaced a Venza and it had big 20” tires. I had OEM Michelins, Goodyear GSA and the last set were Pirelli Scorpion . I was only 40,000 miles into the Pirellis and liked them. YMMV.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The best, and probably most expensive:

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+
Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus
Continental ExtremeContact DWS06
BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S

These are all season high performance tires. I tend to not skimp on tires. I put the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my wife's C-Max, and never regretted it. They really improved the ride and handling.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I wouldn't pay $200 for a new set of the Latitudes. I'm at 27k, and they won't make it through the winter. They have been horrible since new. It's not because of the wear, they are just horrible tires. If you have the 18", there are several good/inexpensive options. The General AltiMAX RT43 gets great reviews, and I'll seriously consider them if I keep my MKC through this winter. They run about $140/.ea. Check your local Discount Tire (or Direct online) during Labor Day. They typically have excellent sales during holidays.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Been there done that

I got less on my OEM tires (which are totally different than regular retail tires) Got the LTX Michelin version of mud and snow. Highest rated tires in Consumers Reports. Get them at either Costco or Discount. They were quieter and provided much better steering performance than the latitudes if you want an all-season tire.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Check into Nokian...

Made in Sweden , and suppose to be as good as best Michelin.

Half the cost.

Just heard this from friends.

No personal experience.

Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
The best, and probably most expensive:

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+
Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus
Continental ExtremeContact DWS06
BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S

These are all season high performance tires. I tend to not skimp on tires. I put the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my wife's C-Max, and never regretted it. They really improved the ride and handling.
While these are all good tires, they may not be the best choice for the OP who looks like he lives in PA and probably requires winter traction. While all of the above tires are "All Season", they are definitely geared towards performance and will generally suffer a bit in the snow and ice. Of the above mentioned tires, the DWS06's are a favorite of the those in the BMW X5 crowd who don't want to run separate, dedicated summer and winter setups. They would be my choice for your tire size. In the remaining two years you plan to own it, you should have no problems with their winter traction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts