Lincoln MKC Forum banner

New 2019 MKC

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  blankster 
#1 ·
Hi all. I just traded in my 2017 MKC for a new 2019 MKC. My lease was over. There weren’t a lot of Reserve trim cars left with all wheel drive and the bigger engine, so I moved from red and went with blue. I loved the 2017 and I’m hoping this one is just as good. I could not see spending all that extra money on the Corsair. I am having trouble getting the welcome lighting to work. It looks like it is set up properly but it won’t come on. I’ll go back in and see if the sales person can help me set up the programming correctly.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks. And, the dealership helped me get the stuff to work. The 2019 has a button my 2017 didn't that can disconnect some of that lighting to save battery. I've also used the black plastic protector/restorer on the bottom trim and it looks a whole lot better. :) I can tell the blue is going to be harder to keep (look) clean compared to the red.

#4 ·
How do you find the seats in the 2019 compared with the 2017?

I found the bolsters in the 2019 to be VERY firm. Whereas the seats in the 2017 are the most comfortable I’ve ever sat in. I made a deal on a 2019 but don’t know if I can go through with it due to the seat discomfort I experienced when test driving. How were your 2017 seats when new? Were they the same as the 2019’s? If so long long did it take to break them in and make them comfortable.

Thanks in advance!

#6 · (Edited)
The deal I made is for a NEW 2019 Reserve w/Burgundy Velvet paint, climate package, 18” wheels, Tech package, THX ll audio—$38K.

Before signing I wanted to look it over carefully. When I did I was appalled to find many rock chips on the hood, 3 3/8” scratches down to the primer on the passenger front door. Scuff scratches down to the primer on the front bumper, a chip of paint missing on the edge the hood near the side mirror, scuff scratches top of fender driver’s side, and weirder than all—at the sides of the top back trim piece above the license plate there was a 3/4” x 3/16” strip of paint missing on each side!

Of course the sales manager said they would take care of it blah, blah, blah. I told them I was NOT comfortable signing with the car in that state. They have an on-site body guy. He will fix it tomorrow morning and I can then go and examine it.

How much less will the car be worth after the paint repairs? The sales manager keeps calling this a “crazy deal” and I’m sure he won’t want to take anything more off the price. But I can always ask.

I’m wondering if I’m crazy even going back to examine it. But there aren’t a lot of 2019’s left. And, mostly black and white Select MKC’s are on the lots. This one is configured exactly how I wanted it in a color I like a lot.

I won’t buy the Corsair in the first year and it is priced too high in my opinion.

I have driven nearly every smaller CUV and the MKC is the only one I find comfortable. (I have back issues and like smaller vehicles.)

What would you do?

#7 ·
I do understand when you buy new you expect the paint to be perfect, along with everything else. Maybe that is why it is a great deal. You do need to understand dealers are anxious to get any 2019s off the lot. I would be surprised they can repaint it AND have it ready in less than 24 hours. If buying - I suggest you bring it to a do-it-yourself car wash an spray the places you found scratches/paint issues, etc... to make sure they didn't do anything shady.
Sticker price? Which engine? I'm not sure how long you plan to own it but you'll notice many people have issues with the THX audio amp as it ages.

#8 ·
It has the 2.3 engine.

I could have gotten a similar deal on any of the 2019’s. It’s February (slow) and they have thirteen 2019 MKC’s left on the lot. They were showing $1000’s off in dealer cash on their website plus The $3500 rebate from Lincoln and then I kept pushing. So the sales manager applied coupons too, and then dropped the price a bit further. I also got 0% interest. Lincoln is trying to move these vehicles!

This dealer uses an on-site (as in the same complex with all the dealers) guy who specializes in this type of work. I think it’s that invisible touch up technique.

There was another MKC just like “mine”, without the paint issues, I considered taking, but it had 20” wheels. I hated the harsh ride and they will no longer switch wheels. He said those days are over, and now the wheels are etched with the vin#. I don’t know how true that is. But anyway they weren’t willing to switch the 20’s out for the 19’s.

I think I’m going to push for another $500 off plus a set of rubber mats/cargo mat for the trouble. We’ll see what happens.

I didn’t really want the THX but I can’t delete it. Oh well!

#12 ·
Well...I did it—bought a 2019 Burgundy Expresso/Cappuccino Reserve 2.3 fully loaded w/20” wheels. Got 23.5% off with rubber tray mats, cargo tray mat & touch-up paint thrown in! Beautiful vehicle and comfy too. I’m happy.

I thought the ride would be more harsh with the 20’s, but it actually isn’t too bad. I’ll give myself some time to decide whether or not to change to 18” or 19” rims.

Are the sizes fully exchangeable on the Reserve trim? Or can I only go down 1”?

#16 ·
It will throw you speedo off a little but fitment related, everything will work. There will be minimal speedo change as well, because the sidewall gets bigger with smaller rims. If you want to know the accurate numbers Google "Miata tire size calculator" Also the info can be changed in the BCM to calibrate for the different tire size if you know someone with Forscan.

#13 ·
Congratulations. I just checked the Lincoln Canada website and note that there are seven 2019 MKC Reserves (all 2.0T engine) with 18" wheels available within 100 km of my home. According to the 2019 MKC order guide the standard tire is 18” – P235/50R18.

#17 ·
Thanks everyone! Great info re wheel sizes—appreciated.

The 20’s look great for sure. Not sure I’ll change them at all. I find myself using “Comfort” mode most, and I like the car more and more each time I drive it. Learning tech options and settings menus slowly. All the conveniences are amazing. This is my first luxury car...lol.

#18 ·
I have 20” wheels and use the comfort setting in the winter and normal in the summer. I tend to pump up the tires in winter to 37 or 38 psi just because of the potential wheel damage from frost heaved roads where I live.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.