Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious...
Surprised to hear the band in the new Lincoln ad for the MKZ..
Anyone on this list ever even hear of Sharon Jones/DapKings?
Last time my wife and I were at one of their shows I can pretty much guarantee we were the only Lincoln owners in the place :smile
They are used a lot in NY ads too.

Interesting choice. Guess they are trying to sway a younger hip crowd.
How about spending more time/money better engineering the cars first.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Ever heard the saying " smoke & mirrors"? I can pretty much assure you ALL auto sector engineers design cars with reliable quality in mind.....the issue becomes a problem when the bean counters cut in and start "shopping around" for cheaper alternatives to particular systems/parts and outsource jobs in the name of the almighty dollar!
We're living in a world where things come with expiry dates stamped into them; cars, planes, engines, clothing, boats and the list goes on...the profit margins remain the given, more so if a $20.00 part can be had for $8.00....and we continue to buy into the dream...
Ads are targeted to certain demographics...they usually touch on quality, reliability, and the most important of all, product exclusivity....once a person identifies with these advertising elements,the rest is a matter of buying into the dream ( deceit).
Sharon Jones/Dap Kings just sold usage rights to another song to glorify the Kureg coffee maker...." 100 Days, 100 Nights...and it's a current ad...young mid 30's family going through the first 3 months of baby's puking, keeping them awake, and complete chaos... but find solace in a 2am cup of coffee...NO dialogue,just the song....smoke & mirrors yet again!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I can tell you that Aloe Blacc, who had one of the first marketing associations with Lincoln when the MKC was first launched and when Lincoln was rebranding itself, does drive an MKC. It came from the same dealer as mine - my Sales Rep deals with a lot of high profile So. Cal. clients across the 6 brands they sell and he was in on the deal...I also saw Mr. Blacc getting into it one day leaving the service area when mine was in one time.

Reactions: midnite cruiser

·
Registered
881 Posts
It would not surprise me in the least if part of the "deal" was Aloe gets a free MKC! LOL

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have no doubt it was something along those lines!

Reactions: 5.0 Candy REDCS

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I guess I forgot they are Grammy winners now (Sharon jones)
They are in other ads too. Bands dont make money on record sales anymore so they have to try to make money touring and other ways (licensing) some call it "selling out" I say they have to make a living.
I guess we were just thinking with the music they are copying Volvo some. Picking a hip new band they are definitely trying to appeal to a younger crowd. Again it gets back to all the money on advertising. They still have work to do with the problems/quality of the cars and as discussed dealerships. They can advertise all they want but if they don't work to fix the "back end" problems after purchase no one will buy another Lincoln after their first experience. They should take some of that money and work on that area. And while they are at it fix my wife's car :)
Who is this aloe dude? Can he fix my wife's car LOL

Edit - just looked him up. I thought he was a Lincoln exec LOL. Ha ha. Sings that "need a dollar" song. Never knew his name.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts