Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a cautionary tale from our first pickup/dropoff service last week.

It had been set up weeks in advance, dealer team was great about confirming, to the point of over-confirming.
Driver arrived exactly on time to pick up my MKC and as he was doing the paperwork for the loaner, he asked me if I'd tracked him. Said no, and he showed me how to do it via an app on the phone. We say goodbye and so far I'm impressed. This gentleman was super nice and helpful.
Then after the service was completed, I get a text to arrange the return. which I did, again with no trouble. The app tells me my car will be back in 25 minutes.
That timeframe comes and goes with no communication from Lincoln or dealer. I decide to track. The first location indicates that the vehicle is headed my way on a highway. Gives an ETA of 15 minutes. After 10 minutes I decide to track again (because I can!). This time the vehicle has departed the route and is headed into the city of Camden NJ, that's 10 minutes past where I live. Not exactly what I expected! By this point, we're 40 minutes past the original drop time so I call the driver, who was different from the AM driver. I ask if he's lost. He says no and promises to be at my door in 10 minutes. He nearly made that 10 min estimate, and only when I began asking what happened did I get an explanation -- his phone charger was in his car in Camden and he needed it to continue his workday.
So all told: They missed the return window by nearly an hour, used my gas to drive probably 15-20 minutes off route (with no offer of reimbursement), and only when I asked repeatedly did I get any kind of explanation. I did call the dealer to tell them this was going on -- oddly, though, I didn't get any callback or apology or anything.
That's just not good customer service -- on the lone competitive advantage feature Lincoln has over other luxury SUVs.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Last week the was first time I had mine in for service. I had no issues with pick up and drop off. then again I live 7 minutes away. If you get email questionnaire (on "How e did") be sure to include that in it. I assume corporate reads it. I assume using a customer's car for personal excursions are not permitted.

Side note.. they never fixed my problem of noise going over bumps... so back it goes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts