Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a rattle that seems to be coming from inside the passenger door. I would like to remove the panel and see if there is something obvious before taking to a dealership. Any tips on removing the door panel?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I fixed it!! Took the door panel off and tightened a bolt that was loose. So nice to have a quiet ride. Total time around 25 minutes. Easy to do.
Care to provide instructions? I don't want to mess anything up but I have the same issue with my driver's door and it's driving me nuts!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had been meaning to get back here to share photos but I forgot. Hopefully these photos help.

1. start by pulling the door panel loose, there's a good grip location at the front of the door. pull there then pull across the bottom
2. pop out the insert in the door handle
3. remove the screw from behind the insert
4. pop out the window switch module then disconnect the wire harness
5. remove the bolt under the window switch module
6. lift the door panel up to remove it and then set it down. you do not need to disconnect the door handle cable
7. if you need to get behind the plastic sheet you can remove it by pulling it back slightly then cutting the black caulk stuff with a razor blade. it will reseal with just pressure when you are done
8. i found the loose bolt by wiggling my hand in the door behind the plastic sheet. the bolt happened to be under a little felt cover which i carefully removed with a razor blade.

then i tightened the bolt, replaced the felt sticker cover and put everything back like i found it.

last photo is all the tools i used for this job...easy peasy

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts