Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Periodic "battery saver" message on start up

17K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  blackvelvet 
#1 ·
After buying a used 2016 MKC last summer the vehicle is giving a system shutdown to save battery before startup. I think this issue is due to just a few short 10 minute trips over the last month due to the stay home covid19 virus. My question is about how long would it take to fully charge the battery on the highway.

#2 ·
I had to replace my 2017 (bought in 2016) battery already in 2019. So perhaps the better answer perhaps you should get your battery tested at an auto parts store for free next time you go out. If you are confident about the battery health, I would guess a 15-20 miles of spirited highway drive should do the trick.

#4 ·
Thanks for the feedback starzplacez! The vehicle has been sitting 3 days and today, naturally there was no battery saver warning. You are 100% right about getting this issue checked out as i will do so. The MKC has been in service just over 4 years with only 30k. When first looking under the hood i normally would swap out my own battery but this vehicle is a challenge compared to any other vehicle i ever owned. Im no engineer but burying a heavy battery that deep in the engine compartment would call for new plans.

#3 ·
On this website you'll see posts about this. I had the issue too. Lincoln reprogrammed something and replaced the battery. Not sure if you're under warranty for them to reprogram.
if no warranty. go the cheap route. Buy or borrow a battery charger. (battery tender is inexpensive can common item. I own a Noco that can 'repair' the battery too.

#6 ·
Thanks for the feedback EsJay! The vechicle was tested and new battery was needed . The battery saver warning was affecting one issue which was lighting up when approaching within approx. 10 feet. The battery lasted 50 monthe since the vehicle was in service. When i first bought the vehicle i noticed the battery location. The genius that designed that configuration should win an award. After watching the video installation of the battery the $29. install fee won.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.